1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 1:48 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

bookmark behaviour in code editor (4.0 vs 3.2)

Klostrie-Oracle

Hello All,

In 3.2 the shortcut key "Go To Next Bookmark" wrapped around. If there were 4 bookmarks and you were positioned on bookmark nr2 the shortcut key "Go To Next Bookmark" would take you to nr3, nr4 and then nr1 again.

In 4 (4.0.0.13) this behaviour changed. If there were 4 bookmarks and you were positioned on bookmark nr2 the shortcut key "Go To Next Bookmark" would take you to nr3, nr4. It is impossible to go to nr1 using "Go To Next Bookmark" - Instead you need to use the other shortcut key "Go To Previous Bookmark" to go back to nr3, nr2 and then nr1.

If find this a lot harder than the old behaviour. When I have 3 lines bookmarked and I want to jump around between them I don't really know whether the other bookmark is Next or Previous and I don't care either, I just want to go to the other bookmark. Is there a workaround for this ? If not could we add a "wrap-around bookmark search" preference ?

UPDATE: Solved by doing a reinstall of sql developer 4.0.1.14 and not importing settings from a previous install