3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 3:43 PM by Todd Little-Oracle

windows >2 gb queue file

jregan

Why can't tuxedo support this on windows?  It is long64 type in stead of long which could it seems be solved by doing

#ifdef WIN64

long64 queSizeVar;

#else

long queSizeVar;

#endif

That may not be the "best" solution but it will certainly work.  This seems to not bode well for the future support of tuxedo on windows platform.

• 1. Re: windows >2 gb queue file
          Todd Little-Oracle

Hi,

I don't want to start a platform war, but I'm not sure how this restriction implies anything about the future support of Tuxedo on Windows.  The limitation was introduced by Microsoft in their choice to select longs as 32 bits on 64 bit platforms, whereas the rest of the world chose longs on 64 bit platforms to be 64 bits.  Tuxedo is already highly conditionalized for various platforms and internally uses definitions that are specific to those platforms.  However, where we have externally visible values, we've chosen to use language/platform neutral data types to make our external interfaces more compatible on any given platform.

I would suggest that if you need more than 2GB queue spaces on Windows 64 bit platforms, that you create an enhancement request in My Oracle Support and the engineering team will look at it.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: windows >2 gb queue file
            jregan

Thank you for your reply Todd.  We I believe entered a support request but I have asked our team to put in an enhancement request in stead based on your advice. 

• 3. Re: windows >2 gb queue file
              Todd Little-Oracle

Hi,

Just so you are aware, we are scoping out the solution to this problem now.  So hopefully you will have a solution soon!

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect