You can't use the 'tarantella security enable' if you have already attempted to configure security or are in an array. See
You may have to manually configure it.
do you have any other web service running on the same server?
No, the server is specially for running SGD. and it is not in an array.
and I don't have a CSR, so I have to use self-signed certificate,
Also, I had tried to use "tarantella security certrequest" to generate a key, but when I use "tarantella security use", it failed.
- What are you using to determine port 443 is free?
- What OS/Arch is the SGD server?
- When did you upgrade your servers 4.63 and what upgrade path did you follow?
1. using command: "netstat -ln | grep 443" to determine port 443 is free.
2. OS version: redhat5.3
3. upgraded SGD version to 4.63 about one month ago. upgrade method: uninstall 4.61 and install 4.63 then add one 4.63 patch.
Was an error reported from "tarantella security use"?
No, no error reported. It just hung, no any message reported.
Now, this problem is fixed. it's because configure file "/etc/hosts" is incorrect. 127.0.0.1 can't be named DNS name.