3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 7:29 PM by scott.wesley RSS

Passing Value from a Hidden Tabular column field to a Page Item

Madonna

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need pass a value from a hidden tabular form column to a page item when I click a column link which opens a modal page.

Can some one help me how to proceed with this?

I need to pass the Primary key(Hidden Column) of the row to the page item when I click the same row's column link which opens the modal page.

Thanks and regards,

Madonna

• 1. Re: Passing Value from a Hidden Tabular column field to a Page Item
          scott.wesley

Have you got an example of what you have so far? Typically you would reference it using the syntax #ID#

• 2. Re: Passing Value from a Hidden Tabular column field to a Page Item
            Madonna

Hi Scott,

My exact scenario is when I click the column link I have a dynamic action which performs 2 actions:

• 1st true action is:

It calls a pl/sql procedure which inserts basic information into the table which will be used in the modal page that opens in the next true action.

for this pl/sql procedure I have 2 IN parameters. 1st paramater  I can just reference it using the bind parameter, but my 2nd parameter should get passed into a item in the page and then get passed in to my procedure because it is a hidden tabular column.

begin

XXMYPROCEDURE(:P5_ITEM, #TABULARHIDDENCOLUMN#)

end;

so I need to add another true action before calling my procedure to set the value to the item and then pass it in to the procedure. The hidden value from tabular in the Primary key column and it should come with respect to the row of the column link I am clicking. ie: it should be the PK of that row that passes into the item.

• 2nd true action will open the modal page with the inserted values based on the values I am passing in my procedure.

Thanks and Regards,

Madonna

• 3. Re: Passing Value from a Hidden Tabular column field to a Page Item
              scott.wesley

One method is to use jQuery, and this has a number of techniques as well.

You could try something like this: where t is this.triggeringElement from your dynamic action.

var row = $x_UpTill(t, 'TR');
                var index = $('input[name="f10"]', row)[0];

apex.debug('row:'+row.sectionRowIndex);
                apex.debug('index:'+$(index).val());
                apex.debug('element:'+t.name);
                apex.debug('element value:'+$(t).val());

$s('P55_INDEX',$(index).val());