5 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2014 3:58 AM by Chetan-Oracle RSS

Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11

Deepika R

Dear All,

I installed siebel 8.1.1.11 twice already......once with windows XP and IIS 5, the web client never came up as my SWSE installation was not successful.

Second time I installed siebel 8.1.1.11 without a hitch on windows 7 with IIS 7.5. Thick client, tools and sample work. I can connect to server also using thick client and tools.

But web client (thin client) is not coming up. The browser says " HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". The services are running, IIS has all virtual directories, I don't know what is the problem.

Checked a couple of blogs, did some changes in IIS, but nothing happened.

Is this combination of windows OS and IIS (win 7 with IIS 7.5) also not supported for siebel 8.1.1.11?

I am prepared to install once again, but wanted to make sure I use the right base first.

Hence please guide me on this. Please let me know what windows OS and IIS version I will have to use for siebel 8.1.1.11 installation.

Thanking in advance for your help.

Regards,

Deepika.

• 1. Re: Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11
          Shilpi-Oracle

Hi Deepika,

Siebel 8.1.1.11 is supported with IIS 7.5. There should not be an issue with Win7 as well.

By default, IIS 7.5 will use 64-bit compatibility, which is not supported by Siebel applications.  Therefore, the application throws HTTP Error 500.0 Internal Server Error..

Confirm that 32-bit mode is enabled on IIS 7.5:

1. Select Application Pools and under Actions selected Set Application Pool Defaults.
          2. "Enable 32-Bit Applications" should be set to "True":  Changing the parameter value to "True" allowes DLLs run in 32-bit mode.

Also please check the below module are checked and Installed in the IIS web server

1. On the taskbar, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
          2. In the Server Manager hierarchy pane, expand Roles, and then click Web Server (IIS).
          3. In the Web Server (IIS) pane, scroll to the Role Services section, and then click Add Role Services.
          4. On the Select Role Services page of the Add Role Services, make sure that CGI or ISAPI Extensions are checked.
          5. If they are not installed, select these modules and install the same using the add role services wizard and make sure that the application is accessible.

Setting the Enable 32-Bit Applications=true for Application Pool is still necessary if Native IIS7 is being used.

Reference- HTTP Error 500.0 Internal Server Error while Opening Thin Client using IIS 7.5 (Doc ID 1340948.1).

Hope it helps.

Mark it correct or helpful if issue get resolved, as it will help other users.

Thanks & Regards,

Shilpi

• 2. Re: Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11
            Deepika R

Hi Shilpi,

Thanks for the response written in so detail. I was busy with some other project delivery and could not try today the option mentioned by you.

I have done all this set up in a virtual machine. I am using Oracle virtual box. The image is using 32 bit windows 7 OS.

I checked for the option in IIS 7.5 that is installed here, but in the Set Application Pool Defaults, I could not find the option "Enable 32-Bit Applications" at all !!

I googled to see if there are other ways of setting this option , but I could not find anything on the web.

I don't know how to go about this.....any idea what could be wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepa.

• 3. Re: Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11
              Shilpi-Oracle

Hi Deepa,

Please follow below navigation steps:

IIS Manager > Application Pools > DefaultAppPool > from right pane, select 'Advanced settings..' > In pop-up window

'Enable 32-Bit Application'= True

Thanks & Regards,

Shilpi

• 4. Re: Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11
                user1128775

Hi shilpi.

I have the same issue than Deepa, but my problem is that i'm using Apache instead IIS. So, do you know how i can force the compatibility with 32-bits without install Apache 32 bits?

Thanks

Gorka

• 5. Re: Windows OS for Siebel 8.1.1.11
                  Chetan-Oracle

Hello Gorka,

You might would like to refer following knowledge article which may answer your query:

Web server will not start for Siebel CRM version 8.0.0.13, 8.1.1.6 or 8.2.2 on Linux with OHS 10g (Doc ID 1375035.1)

Best Regards,

Chetan

Oracle Technical Support