Can some one help me on this request please!! (or) in other words jquery autocomplete hangs browser
Did some one got chance to look into this, or please let me know weather my question is in understand or not. Eager wiating for soultion for this!!
You're on an old, old version of apex, and not many (if any) will be able to really look into this. Couple that with IE7, ouch.
Can you however clarify what you mean by "the system crashes". Is "the system" the browser you are referring to?
Do you experience this problem also in Firefox?
What is the "form freeze"? Your browser becoming unresponsive?
When I try this in your demo app, I'm not getting errors. Are there any steps to follow to reproduce a situation?
You are using htmlDb_Get.get though for acquiring data. This could be a place where things run foul. It is a synchronous request, and thus will lock up the browser in wait for a return, causing unresponsiveness. If you experience issues on your FF aswell, I strongly recommend using the Firebug plugin to inspect the requests being made. It could perhaps help in identifying occassions where it is stuck waiting for a response.
Hi Tom, Thanks for your inputs
1. Yes, currently team is uisng holder version and we are in process of upgradtaion for all front end and others which takes some time.
2. I mean browser crashes but not system
3. User are expereniced in both in IE and Firefox.
4. Yes form freeze means, browser becoming unresponsive.
5. The problem is we are trying to reprodcue same from our end, but we are not able to trace the things from our end.
6. This is faced by users and hence struggling to find how we can reporduce the things.
7. It would be great if you can make changes to existing code where exactly we have to add console things, and how we can check the things from our end.
8. So that we can try in same way in our existing application to check what error we are facing.
After doing some anlayis how we can use console, i had tried this way, can you suggest me where i had added is correct one or not
This below mention source code exists in my example
var text = $("#P1_ENG_LEAD").val();
console.log('Contents of country %s',text);
It's indeed good to add console.log calls in those various places. This should allow you to track what is going on.
It might still be a good idea to also use the console tab in a tool like Firebug in your Firefox to inspect your ajax calls as it allows you to inspect response headers.
Your piece of code you posted is not using jquery ajax instead of the htmlDb_get code I saw in your sample code. This is good as it is asynchronous and thus will not lock up your browser - that should help in curing some unresponsiveness.
Be aware though that your calls may not necessarily time out, although that is a possibility. It could just as well return an error page, which your code handling may not be able to deal with and error out further on. It is for this reason that inspecting the ajax calls can help with.