4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 2:06 AM by Ravindra Malwal RSS

Cant Install Oracle Database 11g on windows 7 64-bit

saadMohamed

Dears All;

I download oracle 11g database that is supported for windows 7 64-bit from oracle website.

I'm trying to install, but it fails at prerequisite installation requirements

I'm receiving the following errors:

=====================================================================

Physical Memory - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has at least 922MB (944128.0KB) of total physical memory. 

Expected Value   : n/a
      Actual Value   : n/a

List of errors:

-  PRVF-7531 : Physical memory check cannot be performed on node "L1-PC"
      - Cause:  Could not perform check of physical memory on the node indicated.
      - Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view memory information.

Available Physical Memory - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has at least 50MB (51200.0KB) of available physical memory. 

List of errors:

-  PRVF-7563 : Available memory check cannot be performed on node "L1-PC"
      - Cause:  Could not perform check of available memory on the node indicated.
      - Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view memory information.

Swap Size - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether sufficient total swap space is available on the system. 

List of errors:

-  PRVF-7574 : Swap size check cannot be performed on node "L1-PC"
      - Cause:  Could not perform check of swap space on the node indicated.
      - Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view swap space information
        - 

PRVF-7531 : Physical memory check cannot be performed on node "L1-PC"
      - Cause:  Could not perform check of physical memory on the node indicated.

==========================================================================

Free Space: L1-PC:C:\Users\L1\AppData\Local\Temp - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether sufficient free space is available in the file system. 

Actual Value

: n/a

=========================================================================

Architecture - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has a certified architecture. 

List of errors:

-  PRVF-7536 : Architecture check cannot be performed on node "L1-PC"
      - Cause:  System architecture could not be determined.
      - Action:  Ensure that the correct software bundle is being used.

=======================================================================

Actually i installed the database 3 days ago and it was installed correctly and with no single error, but i had to uninstall it and install again.

I tried to install 3 times with no success.

I ensured im logged in as admin., and also right-click run as admin, with no success and exact same error.

my c:\ has 9GB free, D:\ has 75GB free, E:\ 75GB, so it is impossible that i don't have enough space to run or even for the temp folders!!!

And Comments or answers are highly appreciated, as im working on a project and this is very important for me.

Thanks in Advance

Saad