2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 12:49 AM by EBSDBA RSS

Grid Infrastructure and DB Installation

user7596657

Hi

We are going to have Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RDBMS installation. Oracle support is insisting on using /u01  and we want to use some other file system for this installation

Oracle ACS is saying that we have to use /u01 for the installation and future patching to work

My question is that do we have to have installation in /u01 or we can pick any other mount point

Sunil

• 1. Re: Grid Infrastructure and DB Installation
          EBSDBA

Hi,

I also faced weird problems with Oracle ACS engineers for Exadata. They actually follow what ever was thought in the training.

for our site, he could not even create the other mount point (After reclaiming the other OS space).

I am sure you can install the Grid Infra and RDBMS in any other mount point.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Grid Infrastructure and DB Installation
            Krishna-Oracle

Hi,

You can have any mount point for installation, not particularly /u01.

The OFS (Oracle Flexible Architecture) suggests to have oracle home as

/Mount_point/app/oracle/product/<db version>

In case installation is invoked through scripts and if script demands /u01 partition, then you need to check.

Thanks,

Krishna