0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 3:48 AM by Peter Schordan-Yang -Oracle RSS

How to use the Diagnostic tool OCM/RDA bundle to collection Weblogic Server informations to My Oracle Support

Peter Schordan-Yang -Oracle

Hi,

I like to inform about the possibility to use Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) to upload configuration data to my Oracle Support to be informed about patch recommendations and health checks.

In case you like to know the patch recommendations of your Weblogic Server without the usage of OCM, then you can use the "Recommended Patch Advisor" under Tab "Patches & Updates" -> "Patch Search" region -> menu "Recommended Patch Advisor"

Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) is a Diagnostic tool that is often used when more information about environment and collection of the log files is needed or specific areas needs to be tested for performance.  

We recognized also more questions and issues from the usage of OCM with Weblogic for patch recommendations.

Therefore I like to highlight the importance to set the correct environment values for before you run the OCM setup and the use of Smart Utility version 3.3.0

OCM is downloadable from Patch 5567658

• Set $BEA_HOME to the middleware home
      • $WL_HOME as $BEA_HOME/wlserver_10.5 (the weblogic home).
      • $ORACLE_HOME

For example:

$ export BEA_HOME=/appl/wls/10.3.5.0
      $ export WL_HOME=/appl/wls/10.3.5.0/wlserver_10.3
      $ export ORACLE_HOME=/appl/wls/10.3.5.0/utils

If you are interest, then more details can be found in the following Notes

Regards,

Peter