a) this is more a WebCenter Content question
b) even WCC uses the "pull" model - so a user in LDAP is unknown to WCC unless she logs on
c) if the other system generates the personalised reports you will have to perform a synthetic transaction
- either create the user's personal folder in WCC, if not exists, or
- simulate as if the user would log in WCP and visited the Documents page
Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate a bit more on how you went about this? This seems to be what I'm looking for: I've found some information in the API about a method called getInitilializedPublicFolderInfo() but have been unable to find out how to properly implement this, especially with regards to security.
Thanks for the reply,
The reason I posted it here is because it is pulled from WCC, but the pulling is done by WCP. Because I want to initiate it in portal (spaces tbe) I think it's more of a portal question. What I'm looking for is an automated process to, as you noted in c, simulate each user visiting WCP's document tab.
Yes, I follow you on your reasons.
Anyway, as per Daniel's answer from Mar 18, 2014 9:25 AM I would recommend you to do a following test:
- create a new user in LDAP
- login to WCC with this user
- create a new personal folder from WCC GUI, place a document there
- login to WCP as the new user and navigate to the Documents page
If you find the document stored from WCC there in WCP you have just confirmed that your scenario can be (also) fully performed from the WCC side. And unlike WCP, the API is public - see Folders Services