1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2014 10:10 AM by Anar Godjaev RSS

Dataguard very slow

Hi all,

We got problem with our network lately that archivelogs transfer is so slow  it wont able to finish what it generates for the day.I can see lots of gaps of archivelogs as early as Mar 8, 2014 when the network problem occurs. I can see that dataguard is trying to recover those gaps bacause I see them generated very slowly. But the problem is it can not catch up. Our net has still problem now  hence I want to help our standby db to apply the logs. Since the gap is already 83 arch files. I want to tell my dataguard that I want to help him. I want to freeze our data guard auto apply and let me apply manually those 80 gaps first by copying it on a flashdrive and copy it directly without passing the network.

How do I tell dataguard to freeze applying first so that I will move the 80 gaps in bulk and apply manually. Then I will resume the auto apply after I finished those 80 gaps.

Right now If I let dataguard do it by itself, it is possible for it to complete the task. It almost 1 week now that the archivelog is failing.

I am afraid that while I am copying manually, the dataguard will also copy the same file hence corrupting it. I also observed that even if I copied the archivelog, the  dataguard does not know it and it still generating the same file, thus making duplicates. I also observed that it is deleting the one I copied and I replacing its own copy??? it this true or I just got oversight/

How to stop auto apply of archivelogs by dataguard, and let me do it manually first so our prcess will not conflict? It something like rebuilding the stanby with an intact archivelogs.

Please helppppppppppp

Thanks,

pK

• 1. Re: Dataguard very slow
          Baris Yildirim

you said there are 80 missing archived log files at standby, what is the total size of the 80 missing files?

if you don't want to copy missing archived log files  to standby, you can use an incremental backup to skip them. You can use the below document to accomplish that

Using RMAN Incremental Backups to Roll Forward a Physical Standby Database

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e41134/rman.htm#SBYDB00759

Regards

• 2. Re: Dataguard very slow
            saurabh

Simply just stop the manged recover on the standby database. On the production defer the log_archive_dest_ parameter so your archives will not get transfer to the standby database location.  Then you can manually copy those archive logs and apply them or you can use incremental backup of production and recover the standby database.

• 3. Re: Dataguard very slow

Can you tell me the command please. I might enter the wrong command

Thanks

• 4. Re: Dataguard very slow

Hi all,

yeah I want archivelog method but I do not know how can you post the procedure step by step please....
                Thanks

All my archivelogs that are missing in standby still exist in primary.

1-connect your server of primary db using ssh
                2-copy the missing files from primary to standby, you can use scp command
                3-register logs on standby
                  alter database register or replace logfile 'file_path/file_name'
                Hi,
                I  did that many times but it does not work   do I need to register the folder name or the file name 1 by 1?
                What is the difference if I put it on FRA/archivelog where it was registered already by default? Why do I have to create another folder? why not copy it on the original folder?

• 5. Re: Dataguard very slow
                  saurabh

on primary

1. connect to database as sysdba

2. alter system set log_archive_dest_state_n. where n=where service is defined. for example alter system set log_archive_dest_state_2=defer.

3. copy the archive gap sequence using scp to the standby database archive log location

on standby

1. connect to standby database as sysdba

2. alter database recover managed standby database cancel;

3 recover standby database;

4 Auto

After your standby is in sync with production again start automatic recovery

• 6. Re: Dataguard very slow

Thanks, so i need to catalog too?

• 7. Re: Dataguard very slow
                      Anar Godjaev

HI,

Can you please past result in secondary location:

select name, value from v$dataguard_Stats;

Thank you

• 8. Re: Dataguard very slow

SQL> select name, value from v$dataguard_Stats;

NAME

--------------------------------

VALUE

----------------------------------------------------------------

transport lag

+03 03:14:56

apply lag

+04 04:24:17

apply finish time

+00 00:02:18.000

NAME

--------------------------------

VALUE

----------------------------------------------------------------

estimated startup time

• 9. Re: Dataguard very slow
                          Anar Godjaev

Applying  very bad.

can you please paste result in Primary database:

SELECT status, error

FROM V$ARCHIVE_DEST_STATUS

WHERE STATUS <> 'DEFERRED' AND STATUS <> 'INACTIVE';

Thank you

• 10. Re: Dataguard very slow

SQL> SELECT status, error

FROM V$ARCHIVE_DEST_STATUS

WHERE STATUS <> 'DEFERRED' AND STATUS <> 'INACTIVE';

2    3

STATUS    ERROR

--------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

VALID

VALID

Thank you ka rin!

• 11. Re: Dataguard very slow
                              Anar Godjaev

Ok. good. Next step. Please past result in primary and secondary  location 50 tired  in alert log . tail -50f alert_dbname.log

• 12. Re: Dataguard very slow

At primary:

=======

FAL[server, ARC3]: FAL archive failed, see trace file.

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnct/BNCT/trace/BNCT_arc3_2728060.trc:

ORA-16055: FAL request rejected

ARCH: FAL archive failed. Archiver continuing

ORACLE Instance BNCT - Archival Error. Archiver continuing.

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5278) at host 'BNCTDR'

ORA-16401: archive log rejected by Remote File Server (RFS)

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5279) at host 'BNCTDR'

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5280) at host 'BNCTDR'

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5281) at host 'BNCTDR'

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5282) at host 'BNCTDR'

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5283) at host 'BNCTDR'

ARC3: Archive log rejected (thread 1 sequence 5284) at host 'BNCTDR'

• 13. Re: Dataguard very slow

At standby

========

Mon Mar 17 21:15:59 2014

RFS[527]: Assigned to RFS process 2289672

RFS[527]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_2289672.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:00 2014

RFS[528]: Assigned to RFS process 2289674

RFS[528]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_2289674.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:00 2014

RFS[529]: Assigned to RFS process 684134

RFS[529]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_684134.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:01 2014

RFS[530]: Assigned to RFS process 1208484

RFS[530]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_1208484.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:02 2014

RFS[531]: Assigned to RFS process 2289678

RFS[531]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_2289678.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:03 2014

RFS[532]: Assigned to RFS process 684138

RFS[532]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_684138.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:04 2014

RFS[533]: Assigned to RFS process 2289680

RFS[533]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

Errors in file /oracle/diag/rdbms/bnctdr/BNCTDR/trace/BNCTDR_rfs_2289680.trc:

Mon Mar 17 21:16:04 2014

RFS[534]: Assigned to RFS process 589848

RFS[534]: Identified database type as 'physical standby': Client is ARCH pid 2728060

RFS[534]: Opened log for thread 1 sequence 5285 dbid 501039509 branch 816193792

Mon Mar 17 21:16:08 2014

Using STANDBY_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter default value as USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST

Mon Mar 17 21:17:08 2014

Using STANDBY_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter default value as USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST

• 14. Re: Dataguard very slow

Ok dear got to go now, it late already....This is hopeless case

I need to rebuild it again using rollforward incremental backup

Thanks all and byebyeeeee

1 2 Previous Next