2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 9:49 AM by Rodney Bailey RSS

Does APEX support SVG icons

Rodney Bailey

I am using APEX 4.2.4.00.08. Can anyone tell me if APEX supports SVG icon images?  If so, how do you implement?  I have tried following the steps you would use for, say, a PNG file but it does not display the icon.

• 1. Re: Does APEX support SVG icons
          fac586

Rodney Bailey wrote:

I am using APEX 4.2.4.00.08. Can anyone tell me if APEX supports SVG icon images?  If so, how do you implement?  I have tried following the steps you would use for, say, a PNG file but it does not display the icon.

What do you mean by "support"?

What are you trying to do?

What "steps" have you used?

What browser are you using?

• 2. Re: Does APEX support SVG icons
            Rodney Bailey

I mean will APEX display images of the type SVG.

I am trying to display an icon on a menu item.

I followed the steps here (Creating a jQuery Accordion-like navigation menu | APEXPLAINED) to create and accordion menu using a list item.  This all works beautifully.  I uploaded an icon file (.ico) to my workspace and assigned it to a list item.  It displays perfectly.  I theen uploaded an SVG file (.svg) to my workspace.  However, when I go to assign this image to a list item, it does not display in the list of values.  If I type it in manually (#WORKSPACE_IMAGES#myimage.svg) then it seems to be appropriating space for the image in the menu because I don't get the "missing image" icon that you get when no image is assigned to it.  But I do not see the image.

The primary browser I use is Firefox 27.01

I have tried IE11 and Chrome 33