1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 10:02 AM by GregV

Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS

Nag Aswadhati

Hi Experts,

Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS? If not I want to do some action while inserting a record in this view "USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS".

Please advice me

I tried with below code

create or replace TRIGGER T02_JOB_RUN

INSTEAD OF INSERT  ON USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS

FOR EACH ROW

BEGIN

DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('Testing');

END;

But I got the below error report

Error report -

ORA-04089: cannot create triggers on objects owned by SYS

04089. 00000 -  "cannot create triggers on objects owned by SYS"

*Cause:    An attempt was made to create a trigger on an object owned by SYS.

*Action:   Do not create triggers on objects owned by SYS.

• 1. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
          Ramin Hashimzadeh

Hi Nag.

What is the purpose of your trigger? What do you want to do?

----

Ramin Hashimzade

• 2. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
            Nag Aswadhati

Hi Ramin,

I want remove a workfile which is in oracle directory when the job runs. For each run scheduler will insert a record in USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS.

If I write a trigger on that view I can remove workfile from the oracle directory.

Purpose: I am writing workfile when the job has strated and I need to remove the workfile when job runs a schedule.

Please let me know if I am not clear with my explanation

• 3. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
              Ramin Hashimzadeh

What is the workfile?

In which JOB you need to delete it?

Did you owner of the JOB? if yes why you do not delete it on end of the JOB?

-----

Ramin Hashimzade

• 4. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                SKP

You are dealing with a file outside of database.

Can you just tell us ,so far what you have done?

• 5. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                  Nag Aswadhati

I need to schedule a COBOL program.

I am executing that COBOL program from a shell script.

I am writing inputs for the COBOL program into the workfile. Shell script will read that file and provide inputs to COBOL Program.

I have created a daily job which runs 10 times from 18-Mar-2014 to 28-Mar-2014.

On 18-Mar-2014 the first schedule will start, I need to write workfile at that time,until shell script is in sleep mode. after I write inputs shell script will read the workfile.

After completion of first schedule Immediately I need to remove the workfile due to maintenance.

Yes, i am the owner of the job, But I need to remove the workfile for each schedule.

• 6. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                    SKP

Here Oracle is doing the scheduling job.

Your Shell script Read data from database and creating the workfile.

Let the shell script remove the workfile at start of the shell script.

At the begining of the shell  script

if [  -f  workfile.txt  ]

then

rm -f  workfile.txt

fi

continue the same shell script

• 7. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                      Ramin Hashimzadeh

OK. Then remove the file on the shell script as shown by SKP

----

Ramin Hashimzade

• 8. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                        Nag Aswadhati

Hi,

Oracle 11G release 2, LINUX environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle procedure is reading the table and writing into a workfile. Shell script is reading that workfile for inputs.

Can I write a shell sctipt using UTL_FILE and is there any possibility to execute that shell script from oracle.

Shell script can not remove the workfile, Because the workfile is writing with oracle user credentials.

SELECT JOBID, WORKFILEPATH, program_name

INTO l_jobid, l_filename, l_programname

FROM jobs

WHERE upper(jobname) = upper(l_jobname);

SELECT xmltype(params), scheduleid, exclude_flag

INTO l_xmldoc, l_scheduleid, l_excludeflag

FROM (SELECT params, scheduleid, exclude_flag FROM JOB_PARAMETERS WHERE JOBID = l_jobid AND RUN_FLAG = 'N' ORDER BY scheduledatetime)

WHERE ROWNUM = 1;

SELECT  extractValue(VALUE(P), '//Parameter/Value') argvalue   

BULK COLLECT INTO l_arg_tab

FROM TABLE(XMLSEQUENCE(EXTRACT(l_xmlDoc, '//Parameter'))) P;     

-- OPEN FILE FOR WRITING

input_file :=  Utl_File.FOpen('CMPLUS_WORKFILE' , l_filename , 'W');

IF l_excludeflag = 0 THEN

-- Writing into file  

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'export jobnum=J'||l_jobid);

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file,'run'||' '||'pub/'||l_programname||'<<:EOD:');

FOR i IN 1..l_arg_tab.COUNT LOOP

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, CASE WHEN l_arg_tab(i) = '$' THEN '' ELSE l_arg_tab(i) END);

END LOOP;

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, ':EOD:');

UPDATE job_parameters SET run_flag = 'Y' WHERE scheduleid = l_scheduleid;

COMMIT;

ELSIF l_excludeflag = 1 THEN

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'echo "Excluded schedule." 1>' || chr(38) || '2');

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'exit 3');

END IF;

-- CLOSE FILE

UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(input_file);

• 9. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                          GregV

Hi,

As the message say, you can't create trigger on sys owned objects.

Instead of a trigger you could have an event-based to do that for you.

• 10. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                            Nag Aswadhati

Hi Greg,

I have created a job and raising a JOB_STARTED event and creating event based job to wrilte inputs into workfile by reading a table.

Do I need to create another event based job to remove the workfile. (Sorry If not understand your context correctly ).

DBMS_SCHEDULER.CREATE_JOB

(  job_name             => p_job_name           

, job_type             => p_jobaction 

--  , job_action           => '/cmplus/pub/runtimeargs.sh'                  

--, job_action           => '/usr/sedc/commands/schdulerscrpt.sh'      

, job_action           => '/home/upncommn/pub/finalruntime.sh'      

, number_of_arguments  => p_number_of_arguments

, start_date           => p_startdate

, repeat_interval      => p_repeat_interval

, end_date             => p_enddate

, enabled              => FALSE

, job_class            => 'DEFAULT_JOB_CLASS'

, auto_drop            => FALSE

, comments             => p_comments

, credential_name      => '"upn_common"'

, destination_name     => NULL

); 

SYS.DBMS_SCHEDULER.SET_ATTRIBUTE(name => p_job_name, attribute => 'raise_events', value => '1');

BEGIN

l_job_name := p_job_name||'_$';

p_jobaction := 'declare  l_inputxml CLOB;  l_outputxml CLOB;  l_status  PLS_INTEGER;

begin

l_inputxml := ''<InputParameters><HpUserId>2079</HpUserId><UserName>NAGARAJUA</UserName><UserPass></UserPass><ClientName></ClientName><ParamSet><flag>BACKEND</flag><jobname>'||p_job_name||'</jobname></ParamSet></InputParameters>'';

JOB_CALENDAR.WRITE_FILE(l_inputxml,l_outputxml,l_status); end;';

sys.DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_job (

job_name          => l_job_name,

job_type          => 'PLSQL_BLOCK',

job_action        => p_jobaction,

event_condition   => 'tab.user_data.event_type IN (''JOB_STARTED'') and tab.user_data.object_name = '''||upper(p_job_name)||''' ',

queue_spec        => 'sys.scheduler$_event_queue,queue_agent',

enabled           => TRUE);

END;

The below code is in WRITE_FILE procedure

SELECT JOBID, WORKFILEPATH, program_name

INTO l_jobid, l_filename, l_programname

FROM jobs

WHERE upper(jobname) = upper(l_jobname);

SELECT xmltype(params), scheduleid, exclude_flag

INTO l_xmldoc, l_scheduleid, l_excludeflag

FROM (SELECT params, scheduleid, exclude_flag FROM JOB_PARAMETERS WHERE JOBID = l_jobid AND RUN_FLAG = 'N' ORDER BY scheduledatetime)

WHERE ROWNUM = 1;

SELECT  extractValue(VALUE(P), '//Parameter/Value') argvalue  

BULK COLLECT INTO l_arg_tab

FROM TABLE(XMLSEQUENCE(EXTRACT(l_xmlDoc, '//Parameter'))) P;    

-- OPEN FILE FOR WRITING

input_file :=  Utl_File.FOpen('CMPLUS_WORKFILE' , l_filename , 'W');

IF l_excludeflag = 0 THEN

-- Writing into file 

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'export jobnum=J'||l_jobid);

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file,'run'||' '||'pub/'||l_programname||'<<:EOD:');

FOR i IN 1..l_arg_tab.COUNT LOOP

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, CASE WHEN l_arg_tab(i) = '$' THEN '' ELSE l_arg_tab(i) END);

END LOOP;

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, ':EOD:');

UPDATE job_parameters SET run_flag = 'Y' WHERE scheduleid = l_scheduleid;

COMMIT;

ELSIF l_excludeflag = 1 THEN

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'echo "Excluded schedule." 1>' || chr(38) || '2');

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(input_file, 'exit 3');

END IF;

-- CLOSE FILE

UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(input_file); 

• 12. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                              Nag Aswadhati

Already I am executing a shell script from the PL/SQL procedure

DBMS_SCHEDULER.CREATE_JOB

(  job_name             => p_job_name          

, job_type             => p_jobaction

--  , job_action           => '/cmplus/pub/runtimeargs.sh'                 

--, job_action           => '/usr/sedc/commands/schdulerscrpt.sh'     

, job_action           => '/home/upncommn/pub/finalruntime.sh'     

, number_of_arguments  => p_number_of_arguments

, start_date           => p_startdate

, repeat_interval      => p_repeat_interval

, end_date             => p_enddate

, enabled              => FALSE

, job_class            => 'DEFAULT_JOB_CLASS'

, auto_drop            => FALSE

, comments             => p_comments

, credential_name      => '"upn_common"'

, destination_name     => NULL

);

• 13. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                                GregV

Why don't you use the UTL_FILE.FREMOVE procedure to remove the file once it has been processed?

• 14. Re: Can I create a trigger on USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
                                  Nag Aswadhati

I am using below code for removing the files. I am storing all the workfile names in a table.

I need to remove all the workfiles expect those jobs which are in RUNNING state.

"DECLARE

TYPE file_rec IS RECORD(jobname VARCHAR2(30), inputfile VARCHAR2(50));

TYPE tab_file IS TABLE OF file_rec INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

l_filetab  tab_file;

BEGIN

SELECT jobname, workfilepath

BULK COLLECT INTO l_filetab

FROM JOBS WHERE

EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS WHERE JOB_NAME = jobname AND status <> 'RUNNING');

FOR i IN 1..l_filetab.COUNT LOOP

UTL_FILE.FREMOVE('CMPLUS_WORKFILE',

''||l_filetab(i).inputfile||'');

END LOOP;

END;

/"

1 2 Previous Next