10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 9:16 AM by OABUEID RSS

connect to data mover

OABUEID

I am already install every thing for peoplsoft 8.53 with database oracle 11g

when I try to connect with datamover not connect. I try by using SYSADM/SYSADM user name andpassword

massage( invalid user id and password signon)

• 1. Re: connect to data mover
          Nicolas.Gasparotto

Password case sensitive onto the database ? Has it ever work before ? Content of PS.PSDBOWNER ? Tnsnames.ora ?

Nicolas.

• 2. Re: connect to data mover
            OABUEID

PS.PSDBOWNER

IS EMPTY

NOTHING INSIDE THIS TABLE

• 3. Re: connect to data mover
              Rajesh_PeopleSoftDBA

Please execute DBOWNER.sql and give a try. Please make sure you executed all the scripts related to Installation.

• 4. Re: connect to data mover
                OABUEID

I am already run DBowner and all scripts run with out problem

set echo on

spool C:\PT8.53\scripts\nt\log\dbowner.log

GRANT DBA TO PS IDENTIFIED BY PS;

CONNECT PS/PS;

CREATE TABLE PSDBOWNER (DBNAME VARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL, OWNERID VARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL ) TABLESPACE PSDEFAULT;

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX PS_PSDBOWNER ON PSDBOWNER (DBNAME) TABLESPACE PSDEFAULT;

CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM PSDBOWNER FOR PSDBOWNER;

CONNECT system/manager;

REVOKE DBA FROM PS;

ALTER USER PS QUOTA UNLIMITED ON PSDEFAULT;

spool off

Also the three tables: psstatus psoprdefn psaccessprfl NOT EXIST

• 5. Re: connect to data mover
                  HakanBiroglu

At which step of installation are you?

To clarify SYSADM is a bootstrap login, that does not use the PSDBOWNER table.

This tables get created with the dbowner.sql but gets seeded when running the database setup in datamover logged in bootstrap mode.

Please verify the following things:

Is SYSADM/SYSADM the correct userid/password for including case (upper/lower)?

Can you connect to the database using sqlplus SYSADM/SYSADM@[your_sid]?

Do you have Oracle Client 32 bits installed on the server/workstation that is used to start datamover?

Did you provide the the correct userid/password for the connectid in the configuration manager (default people/peop1e)

Hakan

• 6. Re: connect to data mover
                    OABUEID

SYSADM/SYSADM IS THE CORRECT WHEN CONNECT TO DATABASE

ORACLE 32 BITS ALREADY INSTALL

USERID/PASSWORD FOR PEOPLE/PEOP1E IS ALREADY ENTER IN THE CONFIGURATION MANAGER

the message that I am receive when connect to Datamver

FILE SQL Access managerSQL erro Stmt#2 Error

Position 0 Return: 12154-Ora-12154: TNS: could not

resolve the connect identifier specified

• 7. Re: connect to data mover
                      OABUEID

are you have any video to install peplesoft with oracle database

• 8. Re: connect to data mover
                        OABUEID

Hi All, I am new to peoplesoft installation and first time installaing PeopleSoft Demo on my PC OS Windows 7. I started with installation of Oracle Database 11g, then Tuxedo 9.1, WebLogic 9.2, then i installed Ptool 8.49, then I created Database name HRMS9DMO, then I installed HRMS&CA 9.0, then run 6 .sql scripts from sql*plus. in configuration manger i did this changes User Id PS Connect ID people Connect Password people created a profile from profile tab Now I am trying to open a Data Mover with HRMS9DMO databse name and SYSADM/SYSADM user id password but it gives me error SQL Access ManagerSQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 12154 - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified I tried to connect direectly through SQL*PLUS usin SYSADM/SYSADM this is also not working its throughing eroor something of shared memory. My TNS service is running in services please help me to get rid of this. Thanks in Advance!!!!!

• 9. Re: connect to data mover
                          Hakan Biroglu

Like Nicolas asked in the first responses how does your tnsnames.ora file like?

Where does the file reside? The file should be located in %ORACLE_HOME/netwerk/admin.

Since you also have oracle client installed, you should copy the tnsnames.ora file in both the %ORACLE_DB_HOME/netwerk/admin as %ORACLE_CLIENT_HOME/netwerk/admin or use an environment var TNS_ADMIN to point to the location of the file.

Let me ask you again: At which step of installation are you?

If you cannot connect to the database how did you run the scripts against the database.

If you want people to help you, you need to provide answers to the questions you are asked.

I do not see any answers coming from you to any questions we have asked.

Hakan

• 10. Re: connect to data mover
                            OABUEID

THANK YOU TOO MUCH SIR THE PROBLEM FOR ME IS SOLVED JUST i AM COY THE TSNAMES AND LISTENER TO ORACLE 32 BITS

AGIN THANK YOU TOO MUCH FOR YOU