5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 2:52 AM by Francisco Amores RSS

ERPI Open interface

ragavhere

Hi,

I am trying to load data to planning application using ERPI Open interface adapter. I have imported out of the box models and packages in ODI as per the documentation. I have also imported the source adapter in ERPI.

The document also says create custom models for the source and custom ODI interface to load the AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE table. It is not so clear and i am not sure what to do with out of the box packages and models that I imported. I dont find much about OIA online. Any assistance on process of loading data using OIA to planning application would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 1. Re: ERPI Open interface
          Francisco Amores

Hi, when using OIA you need to decide how you are going to load data into the OI table.

there are mainly two methods:

- use an event script (BefImport) to load data into table before data is imported from this table into TDATASEG_T (FDMEE temporary/staging table)

- the process of loading data from OI table to TDATASEG_T is implemented in an ODI scenario generated from the ODI package "open interface adapter project". This scenario is actually generated from FDMEE web when configuring the source adapter. So being said that, the second method would be to adjust the existing ODI package to load data into the OI table before date from this table is loaded to TDATASEG_T

for this you would need ODI knowledge. You will not find how to work with ODI in FDMEE admin guide. You will have to use ODI documentation which is available online.

if you don't  feel self confident with ODI, theN I would proceed with option 1.

regards

• 2. Re: ERPI Open interface
            ragavhere

Hi Francisco,

Thanks for your response.

We are on 11.1.2.2. And we want ERPI to load directly to planning/essbase applications. So we dont want to use BefImport in FDM.

Can I develop my own interface to load data to Open interface table? Should I be hard coding values for fields like Batch_Name or can it be passed from ERPI GUI?

I also looked at the delivered ODI package "Open Interface balances. This has a lot of variables declared. Where do those get values from? Is it integrated with ERPI GUI?

Regards,

Ragav.

• 3. Re: ERPI Open interface
              Francisco Amores

If you want to develop your own ODI interface, you will have to duplicate the existing OI Adapter Project.

Then when you add the new source adapter you have to enter your new ODI project.

You will see that you have two parameters by default: p_batch_name and p_delete_data. You can adjust your ODI project to use more filters and then add them as parameters to the source adapter in ERPI/FDMEE

Regarding the variables you will have to fix the references with the new project code. This can be easily done by exporting the project to XML after duplicating it, search for #AIF..., replace, and re-import again.

All variables are passed from ERPI GUI when running the Data Load Rule.

You can also duplicate the folder within the project and adjust it instead of duplicating the project itself.

please mark this question as helpful/answered so others can see it.

Thanks

• 4. Re: ERPI Open interface
                ragavhere

Thanks. I marked as helpful.

The package in existing OI adapter project has only interface that will load data from OI table to TDATASEG_T. Not sure which is the package that will load data to OI table. And thats the reason I asked if I needed to create my own interface to load data to OI table.

Regards,

Ragav.

• 5. Re: ERPI Open interface
                  Francisco Amores

You have to adjust that package to include the interface(s) that will load data into OI table.

Yes, you have to build your own interface.

Regards