1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 21, 2014 11:40 AM by Denes Kubicek RSS

Dynamic action - Get the difference between two dates

IdrisYS

Dear Sir

I'm having a little trouble getting a Dynamic action to work for date . I'm trying to get the time difference between two dates

I have Two date pickers fields :P6_F_DATE &  :P6_T_DATE (with date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' and default values as sysdate ) and one number item P6_DATE_DIFF

IF I Set the default value of P6_DATE_DIFF with default value type : PL/SQL FUNCTION BODY

declare

a number;

a:=to_date(:P6_T_DATE,'DD/MM/YYYY') - to_date(:P6_F_DATE,'DD/MM/YYYY') ;

return(a);

end;

I get the correct result =0

But when P6_T_DATE values changes i need to recalculate so i have make Dynamic action  on P6_T_DATE

WITH event=change , item=P6_T_DATE , ACTION = set value ,set_type= PL/SQL FUNCTION BODY ,affected element = P6_DATE_DIFF

declare

a number;

a:=to_date(:P6_T_DATE,'DD/MM/YYYY') - to_date(:P6_F_DATE,'DD/MM/YYYY') ;

return(a);

end;

I don't get any result  I GET null values ....if i change P6_T_DATE to sysdate i get results as 0

but if i refer as :P6_T_DATE it does not takes value of :P6_T_DATE

Y is the same code working fine in default value of P6_DATE_DIFF and is taking values of P6_F_DATE AND P6_T_DATE

and in dymaic action it is not taking the item values of P6_F_DATE AND P6_T_DATE

Pls Advice ..Also if there any demo package application example pls refe to me

Thanks and regards

Idris