3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 6:52 PM by Terrencebarr-Oracle

ME SDK 8.0 EA Device Manager - Problems with Serial COM-Connection

I caught a first glimpse at the new ME SDK 8.0 - so far I have been working only with very old JavaME-Stuff on a Cinterion-TC65i-Chip.

Want to connect my Raspberry Pi via serial COM-Connection with the SDK-8.0-EA-Device-Manager. (due to security reasons I'm not allowed to connect the Pi via LAN/Wifi)

But the problem is the ME SDK 8.0 EA Device Manager only offers me COM4 (this is my built-in UMTS-Modem) - even though my target-COM-Device isn't busy at all.

A serial connection via Putty and USB2Serial-Cabel (FTDDI) works fine and I can get on my Raspberry.

Is there any reason or restriction I don't know for being unable to use my dedicated COM-Port? Or do I have to make any additional adjustments in hidden SDK-Property-files?

In my opinion the device manager using COM should offer me the same possibilities as an IP-Connection regarding the target-device (transfering my Jad/jar to the device, installing them and starting them).

There is something in the SDK-get-Started Docu about "Connecting to a UART Device" I'm not really cotton on . Is this information concerning me even though I'm using a Raspberry PI?

To put my files manually via USB-Stick or Z-Modem on the PI is a tad of inconvinient.

Any ideas? Or am I completely off track understanding your SDK-Tooling?

Thx and best regards