10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 12:00 PM by Adella RSS

Calc Manager Rules

Adella

Hello everyone,

This question is regarding the Calc Manager rules. I recently migrated the calc manager rules from one environment to the other by using Export/Import in workspace. The rules were all successfully imported in the target environment and I do see them in the 'System View' in workspace. I now want to assign some of the rules to the data form so that they run on Save of the data form. When I go to the individual data forms to attach the calc manager rules to 'Run on Save' I don’t see the calc manager rules on the left hand side to push them on to the right. I also checked for the rules at ‘Administration’ – ‘Manage’ – ‘Business Rule Security’ but I don’t see the rules even there. Is there something that I missed while migrating the rules or what else could be causing this to happen?

Please let me know your thoughts on this to help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

~ Adella

• 1. Re: Calc Manager Rules
          Sree Menon-Oracle

Did you deploy these rules in to Planning? Only deployed rules shows up in Planning. Also if you are not the admin, you would want provide launch access as well.

-Sree

• 2. Re: Calc Manager Rules
            Adella

Thank you Sree for responding to my question.

I am an admin so I think I should be having the Launch access for the calc manager rules. I can add, edit, delete and deploy a rule in the Calc Manager - System View. As about deploying the rules, I deployed all the rules from the application library successfully. Is there something else that I missed?

Please let me know your further thoughts.

Thanks,

~ Adella

• 3. Re: Calc Manager Rules
              Celvin Kattookaran

Adella you mentioned about deploying from Application library - which deploys the planning application (I take that it is an EPMA application)

For Calc Manager rules, you should deploy it from Calc Manager. You can right click on the application in System View and Deploy all rules or you can select individual rules and deploy.

Regards

Celvin

• 4. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                Adella

Thank you Celvin for your response.

Yes, its an EPMA application. I deployed the 'Rules' from the 'Application Library' and also deployed all the rules from the 'System View' in 'Calc Manager' just how you mentioned in your post. I right clicked on the application in the 'System View' and selected 'Deploy'. The 'Library Job Console' said it completed but I still don't see the calc manager rules as expected.

Please let me know your further thoughts.

Thanks,

~ Adella

• 5. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                  Sree Menon-Oracle

Just go to the deployment view and make sure that the rules you want to be deployed are checked.

If no rules are checked, then no rules are going to be deployed.

-Sree

• 6. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                    Adella

Sree,

I don't think I understand what you mean by "Just go to the deployment view and make sure that the rules you want to be deployed are checked". Can you please elaborate where and how to get to it?

Thanks,

~ Adella

• 7. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                      Celvin Kattookaran

Try this View Menu

Regards

Celvin

• 8. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                        Adella

Celvin,

I know I am being impossible here by asking some really stupid basic questions but thanks for bearing with me and sharing the document. That was helpful. I did go to the 'Deployment View' and see that all the rules are under the folder 'Deployed' in the application and have a 'Deployment Status' as "Deployed" BUT I also see the same rules under another folder called 'To Be Deployed' and the 'Deployment Status' for them is "Not Deployed". I am a little confused about this now Is this how it's suppposed to be in the 'Deployment View'?

Thanks,
                        ~ Adella

• 9. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                          Sree Menon-Oracle

We maintain 2 set of tables. One for all objects that are deployed to Planning at some point in time. Mainly as historical. You could have deployed a rule to Planning and deleted it from calc manager. In that case, the rule will show up in the "Deployed" node but not under the "To Be Deployed" node.

When you click to deploy at the application node, we go through the rules that are under the "To Be Deployed" node and only deploy those rules that are checked.

So in your case, if those rules under "To Be Deployed" are not checked, you should check the ones you need to deploy (there is a right click to select all and deselect all) and then right click on the application node and do a deploy.

Exporting/Importing (based on where you exported) may not bring in the status of rules marked for deployment from one system to another.

Don't hesitate to ask question even if you think they are stupid...:)

-Sree

• 10. Re: Calc Manager Rules
                            Adella

Thank you Sree for your detailed response. That was very helpful information.

Actually the application to which I imported these rules is a new one and it didn't have any calc manager rules before so I don't think I deleted any rule from 'Calc Manager'. Yes, after you suggested me to go to the 'Deployment View' I noticed that all the rules were under the 'Deployed' and 'To Be Deployed' folders but the rules under the 'To Be Deployed' folder were unchecked. I think that explains why I wasn't seeing the rules where I wanted to as they weren't actually deployed even though I did a deploy from the 'System View' and assumed it would take care of it.

I then thought of trying one more thing after reading Celvin's previous response. Since I deployed all the rules from the 'System View' in 'Calc Manager' hoping it would work and deploy all the rules but it didn't I tried what Celvin suggested i.e. to deploy each rule manually one at a time from the 'System View' and did all of them. I now see the calc manager rules where I expected and also all the rules under the 'To Be Deployed' folder in the 'Deployment View' have a check mark in the box under 'Deployable?' column after I did so. The previous attempt of deploying all the rules from the 'System View' didn't really work and as you mentioned Sree I now understand that it only deploys the rules that have a check in the 'Deployable?' column in 'Deployment View'.

Now, I am able to see the calc manage rules when I go to "Tools - Business Rules" and can Launch them and also in the left column when I try to attach a rule to the data form.

My issue is now resolved. Thank you Celvin and Sree for your valuable inputs. I appreciate all your help & time.

I am going to mark this question as answered.

Thanks again,
                            ~ Adella