3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2014 4:55 AM by Dionyssis RSS

Creating form based on stored procedure error

Dionyssis

Hello all,

i am trying to create a form based on a stored procedure (CASH_MOVE). The stored procedure is inside a package (APEX_API).

The package is not in the default parsing database schema of APEX application (MO_APEX), but the workspace (MARKETORDER) has access to that database schema (MO_401)

and the corresponding APEX parsing schema user (MO_APEX/APEX_PUBLIC_USER) has the EXECUTE privilege on the database package at the other schema (APEX_API).

So what happens is during the wizard execution, at STEP 1 it  sees the other schema and i can select the package procedure.

When i press next, it fails with error "User XXX has no privileges on the MO_401 schema.".

The XXX user though is the APEX developer, that has no schema in the database. I tried by giving also execute rights on APEX_PUBLIC_USER too with no success.

Any idea why this happen?

I am using: Application Express 4.2.4.00.08

Database Version: 11.2.0.3.0

TIA,.

Dionisis

• 1. Re: Creating form based on stored procedure error
          fac586

Dionyssis wrote:

i am trying to create a form based on a stored procedure (CASH_MOVE). The stored procedure is inside a package (APEX_API).

The package is not in the parsing database schema of APEX application (MO_APEX), but the workspace (MO_APEX) has access to that database schema (MO_401)

and the corresponding APEX parsing schema user (MO_APEX/APEX_PUBLIC_USER) has the EXECUTE privilege on the database package at the other schema (APEX_API).

So what happens is during the wizard execution, at STEP 1 it  sees the other schema and i can select the package procedure.

When i press next, it fails with error "User XXX has no privileges on the NNN schema.".

The XXX user though is the APEX developer, that has no schema in the database. I tried by giving also execute rights on APEX_PUBLIC_USER too with no success.

Any idea why this happen?

Does the XXX APEX developer have any schema restrictions in the Accessible Schemas Account Privileges setting in Home > Administration > Users > Edit User?

• 2. Re: Creating form based on stored procedure error
            Dionyssis

No, it does not. You mean: Accessible Schemas (null for all)  it has no value, ie access to any schema the workspace has access.

Beyond that, at the first step of the wizard i can choose the Database Schema and i can choose the procedure too.

What i notice though is that the user does not have in the Schema list the MO_401 where the package resides access (ie not listed in the combo box),

which means the workspace possibly does not have declared access to this database schema.

Dionisis

• 3. Re: Creating form based on stored procedure error
              Dionyssis

Problem has been solved, by adding the Database Schema to those that are accessible by the workspace.

Dionisis