4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 8:59 AM by 1858144

Persist XA Tracing

Hi,

We have set the xa tracing  for several groups of Tuxedo servers like :

chtr -g GW1 inet+xa:/XA/ulog:dye

the problem is this change dosn't persist next boot of the servers, it's just for rutime

is there a way to persist this tracing ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Persist XA Tracing
          Todd Little-Oracle

Hi,

You can use the TMTRACE environment variable to make this persistent, but beyond that I don't know of any other way to make it persistent.  The TMTRACE setting can be in a ENV file or just set from the command line before booting the server.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 2. Re: Persist XA Tracing

Hi,

Thanks Todd can we set this either in OPENINFO string with Debug flag "DbgFl", MOS : Article ID 1094939.1].

but the problem is the value specified concern XA solely if i need also network trace "inet+xa" ? any idea ?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Persist XA Tracing
              Bob Finan-Oracle

Hi,

An OPENINFO string is only sent to and used by the database. For Oracle DB the DbgFl flag will add debugging info to a trace file on the Oracle side

(i.e. not to the Tuxedo ULOG). Note, connectivity with a database is controlled by a library provided by the database vendor(i.e. they provide connect debugging)

The "tmadmin chtr" and TMTRACE debugging will only effect the Tuxedo side and, for those servers it is targeted to, the trace logging will be sent to the ULOG.

The "inet" category of Tuxedo tracing will only show connection tracing for GWTDOMAIN,WSH, or JSH servers. It will not log anything additional for TMS type servers or applications using the database client library to connect to the database.

Regards,

Bob Finan

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Persist XA Tracing

Hi,

Thanks Todd & Bob.

Rgds