1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 9:24 AM by CraigB RSS

Error Loading Forms

PrathameshPitale

Hi all I am using 11g Forms R1 (11.1.1.2) in Windows 7 in 64 bit version, Oracle forms run good. Problem being is SOMETIMES when  loading the forms application in the browser, I am unable to load it instead getting the below error in the java console class oracle.forms.engine.main not found Mean while Java is installed in the system below is the detailed description of the java console Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 Using JRE version 1.6.0_26-b03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM User home directory = C:\Users\rkartheek ---------------------------------------------------- c: clear console window f: finalize objects on finalization queue g: garbage collect h: display this help message l: dump classloader list m: print memory usage o: trigger logging q: hide console r: reload policy configuration s: dump system and deployment properties t: dump thread list v: dump thread stack x: clear classloader cache 0-5: set trace level to ---------------------------------------------------- load: class oracle.forms.engine.Main not found. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.engine.Main       at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)       at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.engine.Main I googled for this error but none helped.

• 1. Re: Error Loading Forms
          CraigB

Well, The first thing I noticed in your Java Stack trace is that you are using an older version of the Java 1.6 JRE.  I recommend you upgrade at least to Java 1.6.0_45.  This could also just be an issue with the Java Cache.  It is always best to clear the Java Cache as the first trouble-shooting step.

Craig...