5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 1:03 AM by Mohan Dev RSS

booking the invoice distribution lines with the different future GL dates, need to open future GL periods.

Hi Gurus,

Good morning.

i have two requirements related to finance module. i need your suggestions on this.

EBIZ 11.5.10.2

1. can i book the invoice distribution lines with the different future GL dates?

(that means each distribution line having different future GL date)

because finance dept wanted to book the invoices for the advance rent payment for future months and they wanted it to amortize start of the  each      month  in order to clear the outstanding. So what i suggested them like while booking the invoice for the advance rent payment, they can enter the        distribution lines for amortization with the future GL date what ever they want. so once we reach that date, payable transfor to GL program will pick      those specific distribution lines and will post into GL(here they will validate and create the accounting entries while booking itself, only posting will be      pending) . so is it suggestible or is there any other way at GL side itself to do this reversal.

2.  my second doubt is , payable dept has booked some invoices with future GL dates like Apr-2014,Dec-2014. and validated , accounted and made payments also. so now these invoice distributions have not posted into GL because of Future Gl date. So can i open those future GL periods until Dec-2014 and do the posting and after posting has done can close those future Gl Periods.

so is it suggestible or is there any other way to do this?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated as i don't have much idea on functional side.

thanks in advance.

Raja.