1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 12:00 AM by petra-K RSS

Oracle Wallet

Hi all,

I can not understand what is the effect of this command: 

orapki wallet remove -wallet "d:\wallet\pstore" -trusted_cert_all -pwd "welcome1"

Does this mean I can uninstall my wallet and can access the encrypted tables?

Thanks all,

pK

• 1. Re: Oracle Wallet
          sb92075

when all else fails Read The Fine Manul

orapki Utility

• 2. Re: Oracle Wallet
            Aman....

petra-K wrote:

Hi all,

I can not understand what is the effect of this command:

orapki wallet remove -wallet "d:\wallet\pstore" -trusted_cert_all -pwd "welcome1"

Does this mean I can uninstall my wallet and can access the encrypted tables?

Thanks all,

pK

Did you check for the same in the documentation at http://tahiti.oracle.com ?

Aman....

• 3. Re: Oracle Wallet

I am taking that from the docs, I can not understand what the docs said that is why I asked

By the way, how many wallets can I create in one database?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Oracle Wallet
                rp0428
                By the way, how many wallets can I create in one database?

Post the results you got when you tried to create a second wallet.

Don't be afraid of breaking Oracle by actually trying things. That is the BEST way to learn.

• 5. Re: Oracle Wallet
                  Suntrupth

I don't think there is a limit to the number of wallets that you can create. But why would you want to create more than one?

You can store multiple credentials for multiple databases in one client wallet. You cannot store multiple credentials (for logging in to multiple schemas) for the same database in the same wallet. If you have multiple login credentials for the same database, then they must be stored in separate wallets.

Regards,

Suntrupth

• 6. Re: Oracle Wallet

Sometimes it worked dear, but I do not know if this worked thing is good or bad? correct or wrong?

The docs said to separate 2 different wallets, so I assume you can create many.

The first type of wallet is this:

Secure External Password Store

It is often necessary to make connections to the database from shell scripts held on the filesystem. This can be a major security issue if these scripts contain the database connection details. One solution is to use OS Authentication, but Oracle 10g Release 2 gives us the option of using a secure external password store where the Oracle login credentials are stored in a client-side Oracle wallet. This allows scripts to contain connections using the "/@db_alias" syntax.

The second type of wallet is this:

Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) in Oracle 10g Database Release 2

Oracle has many security features available within the database, but until now there has been no "out-of-the-box" method for protecting the data at the operating system level. The Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) feature introduced in Oracle 10g Database Release 2 allows sensitive data to be encrypted within the datafiles to prevent access to it from the operating system.

It said Oracle recommends to separate the two??? Please clarify

Although encrypted tablespaces can share the default database wallet, Oracle recommend you use a separate wallet for transparent data encryption functionality by specifying the ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATIONparameter in the sqlnet.ora file. To accomplish this we add the following entry into the sqlnet.ora file on the server and make sure the specified directory has been created.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Oracle Wallet

Thanks Sunt,

*** If you have multiple login credentials for the same database, then they must be stored in separate wallets.

If I have many wallets, how can the database locate it? If I do not put it SQLNET.ora? Since it can locate single folder only?

Supposing I create /u01/Wallet/pstore1 and create another at /u02/Wallet/pstore2. How can I referenced the two folders in sqlnet.ora

Thanks

• 8. Re: Oracle Wallet
                        Suntrupth

Add the wallet location on your client machine , this would help Oracle NET know where to look for the wallet. Also, set SQLNET.WALLET_OVERRIDE to true so that you can use secure external passwords

Regards,

Suntrupth

• 9. Re: Oracle Wallet

Can you give me sample command and file? Im weak in visualization

• 10. Re: Oracle Wallet
                            sb92075

>Im weak in visualization

You are strong in lazy & avoiding to ever RTFM

• 11. Re: Oracle Wallet

haayy ambot sa imo.

• 12. Re: Oracle Wallet
                                sb92075

petra-K wrote:

haayy ambot sa imo.

Cebuano language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 13. Re: Oracle Wallet

its Marshan dialect

Hi all,

I got another error when I expdp/impdp tables from PROD with wallet to PROD2 with wallet.

ORA-28374: typed master key not found in wallet

Please helppppp

• 14. Re: Oracle Wallet
                                    sb92075

28374, 0000, "typed master key not found in wallet"

// *Cause:  You attempted to access encrypted tablespace or redo logs with

//          a typed master key not existing in the wallet.

// *Action: Copy the correct Oracle Wallet from the instance where the tablespace

//          was created.

//        

1 2 Previous Next