5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 12:25 PM by Francisco Amores

FDMEE - Run Calc Script Before Data Load

Hi,

Were are on 11.1.2.3 which is technically FDMEE, but not sure where to post this question.  We have an Essbase calc that clears some data named 'ClrPrjCl.csc'.  This calc runs only when we load data for 4 scenarios (0+8 , 1+7 , 2+6 , 3+9).  In the Target application section on the 'Setup' tab, we setup this calc on the 'Calculation Scripts' tab to run for two scenarios so far (1+7 and 0+8).   We chose:

Script Name:  ClrPrjCl

Script Scope: Data Rule

Script Entity:  CLARITYEMPLOYEE_1+7PROJECTION

Event: Before Data Load

Sequence:   1

Script Name: ClrPrjCl

Script Scope:  Data Rule

Script Entity: CLARITYEMPLOYEE_0+8PROJECTION

Event: Before Data Load

Sequence:  3

Back on the 'Workflow' tab, we load our data file with these selections:

Period:  Apr-2014

Category: 1+7PROJECTION

Rule: CLARITYEMPLOYEE_1+7PROJECTION

The load is successful.  However when we view the Process Details, we see that the Calc Script 'ClrPrjCl' executed successfully but it executed twice.  I was skeptical so I went to Essbase log and sure enough the calc ran twice.

Since my data load was for Rule 'CLARITYEMPLOYEE_1+7PROJECTION' shouldn't it have only executed the calc script for Script Entity 'CLARITYEMPLOYEE_1+7PROJECTION' and not 'CLARITYEMPLOYEE_0+8PROJECTION'?

If this is normal behavior, how do you get certain calc scripts to only run before a data load for a specific Script Entity/Rule depending on which one is being loaded?

I'm posting this on Network 54 also.

Thanks