8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 1:04 AM by Phanikanth RSS

Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error

User518789-OC

Hi All,

I have newly Installed ODI 12c.

It is installed with out any error.

Before Installing ODI I have installed  jdk1.7.0_45 (32 bit) and in command prompt also JAVA -VERSION is showing ----

java version "1.7.0_45"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_45-b18)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode, sharing).

The path where it is installed is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45.

SO I went to C:\oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\odi\studio  path and executed ODI.EXE  then it asked for JAVA JDK path so I provided C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45 path but it is showing error like -

""Cannot Find JAVA SE SDK installed at  path"".

I have tried with C:\Program~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_45 and C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre\bin\java.exe but it is the same error.

I have tried to set this java location inside PATH/JAVA_HOME of Environment Variable also but every time I am getting the same error.

I have already refered http://dwteam.in/odi-12-c-installation-steps/  & https://community.oracle.com/message/11274255#11274255  link.

I am using Windows 7 (32 bit).

Please help

Thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
          $anty

I have tried with C:\Program~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_45

Have you tried with this: C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_45 ?   or with double quotes : "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45" ?

If above does not work, try installing Java in a path which does not contain spaces.  For e.g. C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_45

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santy.

• 2. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
            Phanikanth

Hi

1) Better you uninstall ODI and JDK in your machine.

2) create a Java folder under C drive

Again install JDK 1.7.0_45 and when it is asking the path to create the JDK file please choose the C:\Java and once the installation complete you can check the C:\Java folder have JDK1.7.0_45 folder are not

3) If the file is present

then you set the JAVAHOME path in windows environment (environment variable)

Variable Name as JAVA_HOME (must in caps letter)  and Variable value as C:\Java\JDK1.7.0_45

4) Now you install the ODI 12c with following command on MS-DOS prompt

eg:  If your odi_121200.jar file preset in D:\

go to D: drive and run the below command

D:\odi_121200.jar  -jreLoc C:\Java\JDK1.7.0_45 and press enter key

once the installation complete then go to ODI_HOME/odi/studio location and type odi.exe and press nter key it will open ODI12c studio without asking JDK Path

Hope this will helps you

Regards,

Phanikanth

• 4. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
              Sh!va

Try @959658  solution, you can get logical name by dir \X command on cmd..

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 5. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
                User518789-OC

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply .

Santy --  C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_45 & "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45" both are not working ..

Phanikanth -- As you suggested ; I have uninstalled ODI and JDK both but wile trying to reinstall again the JDK it is giving error like - Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support or package vendor.

I have tried the below suggestions also but getting the same error --

1>Check to see if you find any unwanted entry in Add/Remove Programs or Internet Explorer - Add-ons section (Tools - Internet Options - Programs - Manage Add-ons). If you found one, remove/disable this entry.

2>  Tried to reinstall 1.7.0_45 & 1.7.0_25 also.

3> At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.

4> At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.

5> From Program Files I have removed every thing.

Sh!va --  I didn't understand of your reply . (Try @959658  solution, you can get logical name by dir \X command on cmd..)

Thanks Every body

• 6. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
                  Phanikanth

Hi

When you un-install the JDK and ODI12c studio, please re-boot the windows 7 machine.

Please check is ODI_HOME/odi/studio present in you machine after re-boot. if Yes, please delete the ODI_HOME directory and then you start the installation of JDK and ODI12c in your windows machine.

Regards,

Phanikanth

• 7. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
                    User518789-OC

Hello everybody,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

But bad luck .

It seems ODI 12c is not certified in Windows7 32 bit Machine.

So that might be the reason.

If any body installed in 32 bit machine please let me know.

Thanks,

• 8. Re: Unable to launch ODI 12c Studio for JDK error
                      Phanikanth

Hi

It is posible to install ODI 12c in windows 7 32-bit architecture.

I done the ODI12c installation in my machine and below are my machine details:

RAM: 2 GB

HDD: 500 GB

Oracle DB:  Oracle11gXE (Version 11.2.3)

JDK: JDK1.7.0_45

ODI: ODI 12c (12.1.2 generic version)

I did ODI12c installation on my personal laptop and I did upgrade from ODI 11g (ver 11.1.1.6.0) to ODI12c (ver 12.1.2)

Regards,

Phanikanth