1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 5:17 AM by Phanikanth RSS

Error Installing odi 12c Standalone Installation

spikepb

Hi.

I have a Virtual Machine with Windows 7 and ODI 12c with ODI Studio installed in it. Everything works fine.

No i want to play a little bit with standalone agents. For this i must install a new ODI 12c instance as Standalone Installation.

The Installer starts fine and i get to the step where i have to insert the oracle home. I know that i have to use a new home.

But when i get to the next step, where i can choose the installtion type, and i choose "Standalone Installion" i get the error message:

Incompatible installation type "Standalone Insatallation" is selected. Please select a valid installation type.

The selection conflicts with features already installed:

cieCfg_wls: 12.1.2.0.0

I can choose any directory for the oracle home and get every time the same error. When i chosse the Enterprise Installation there is no Problem.

Has someone any idea?

Maybe i have to install first standalone and then enterprise?

Regards Christian

• 1. Re: Error Installing odi 12c Standalone Installation
          Phanikanth

Hi

Actually no idea, because same issue I faced when was doing OPatch will continue applying the patch, ' Signalled When Applying ODI 12.1.2 Patch 16926420' and later I came to know that it is just a warning message

Error Message:

------------------

com.oracle.cie.gdr.libraries.LibraryException: com.oracle.cie.gdr.libraries.LibraryException: com.oracle.cie.gdr.dependency.FeatureSelectionConflictException: The selection conflicts with features already installed: cieCfg_wls:12.1.2.0.0

and the solution given on README.txt file

Better you raise an SR on http://  support.oracle.com

Regards,

Phanikanth