2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 3:20 PM by JasonBaer RSS

OBIA 11.1.1.7

Hi all,

I have a question concerning a presentation variable that I have created.  It is a Date variable (month in particular) that allows a user to select an "As of Month".  For example....if a user selects 3 it gives you months 1-3.  The Dashboard works as expected.  The drawback is that if a user doesn't select a month, then the report returns "no results".  The user doesn't want that.  They want to be able to filter using other prompts.

Here is what I have tried....I've placed a case statement within my measure that says when Variable = 0 Then Filter Measure Using(Month BETWEEN 0 and Variable) Else Null END.  This gives me everything that I want.  It returns back all months which is precisely what I need.  However, when a user selects 2, it returns the same values with just 2 values for my fact for the 2 months selected.  It still shows me the other 10 months in the report, which is not what I want.  I need a way to filter the whole report.....If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If this isn't clear, I will explain further.