4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 4:19 AM by Stevaz RSS

SL 500

Stevaz

Buongiorno,

mi sono trovato a dover riconfigurare 2 tape library SL 500 per poterle gestire da un sistema di Backup Symantec, però l'unico accesso che sono riuscito a recuperare è advsrv.

C'è qualche possibilità di recuperare admin o service?

• 1. Re: SL 500
          rdoogan

I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure what you had to configure or are trying to recover. Could you please provide full details of what was done and what you are trying to do now? Are you saying that you have partitioned the library?

Thanks

Rich

• 2. Re: SL 500
            Stevaz

In my enviroment i use Symantec NetBackup for make backup.

Now i've low space so i will configure two tape library StorageTek SL500; the problem is i haven't  user to access to the library whit Oracle library console or access to console whit serial cable.

This tape came for an old enviroment works whit Tivoli and i didn't found documentation in office.

I found only one user advsrv, but on Oracle Library Console have much limitation that user so, is possible change admin or service password?

Thanks

Stefano

• 3. Re: SL 500
              rdoogan

Ah now I see, this is a hardware question for the SL500 rather than something specific to the Oracle Secure Backup product. I'm sure there is a process to reset the SL500 but you would be best to post in the relevant group for that.

Thanks

Rich

• 4. Re: SL 500
                Stevaz

i didn't found that group