0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2014 5:07 AM by Kail RSS

queue-to-queue transaction grouping at destination

Kail

Hi all,

I've to develop a mechanism to coalesce multiple messages commited to a queue in the same transaction to a single event handling in a destination queue.

== Scenario ==

Using PL/SQL multiple messages are commited together in the INPUT_QUEUE. There is an subscribed agent that perform queue-to-queue propagation to a OUTPUT_QUEUE on another instance via DBLink. On the OUTPUT_QUEUE there is a registered subscriber with a PL/SQL callback. The callback is called and everything is working just fine, processing one message at the time.

== Wants ==

I'd like to use AQ message grouping feature to dequeue all messages from the OUTPUT_QUEUE that insist on the same transaction group together.

If I register or listen on the OUTPUT_QUEUE, am I guaranteed that when I get notified of a new message, all messages regarding that group are already present in the queue?

Is there a way to SUBSCRIBE a callback with a transaction grouped notification? The callback should be called only _one_ time the entire message group, not for each message of the group.

Or I should LISTEN on OUTPUT_QUEUE and dequeue messages manually?

Thanks