6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 9:15 PM by Yong Huang RSS

Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page

Yong Huang

Hi guys,

APEX 4.2

there are two forms in one page(page 11) so that I can update two tables at same time, I'm sure I have transferred correct primary key to both 2 forms,

and created different automated row fetch process,

table1, primary key ID, item contains primary key: P11_ID

table2, primary key ID, item contains primary key: P11_ID_1

When I ran the page, occurred the error

'ora-01403 no data found'

during fetch table2 process

please help me find out the reason, why can't fetch the correct row for table2.

best regards

• 1. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
          fac586

Yong Huang wrote:

APEX 4.2

there are two forms in one page(page 11) so that I can update two tables at same time, I'm sure I have transferred correct primary key to both 2 forms,

and created different automated row fetch process,

table1, primary key ID, item contains primary key: P11_ID

table2, primary key ID, item contains primary key: P11_ID_1

When I ran the page, occurred the error

'ora-01403 no data found'

during fetch table2 process

please help me find out the reason, why can't fetch the correct row for table2.

It is not possible to have more than 1 set of wizard-generated ARF/ARP or MRF/MRU processes on a page. If you wish to have more than one form region on a page, only one of them can use wizard-generated processes. Row fetch and row update processes for the additional regions must be created manually.

• 2. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
            Yong Huang

Hi fac586,

thanks so much for your quick responding.

Actually, at first I used the wizard-generated process to create one, but deleted it when error occurred, then I created once again manually, but still same error.

• 3. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
              fac586

Yong Huang wrote:

Hi fac586,

thanks so much for your quick responding.

Actually, at first I used the wizard-generated process to create one, but deleted it when error occurred, then I created once again manually, but still same error.

What do you mean by "created once again manually"? Data manipulation processes can only be created using the wizard. Do you mean you copied an existing one?

Perhaps I can restate what I said above more clearly:

It is not possible to have more than 1 set of ARF/ARP or MRF/MRU Data Manipulation processes on a page. Only one form region per page can use automatic Data Manipulation processes. Row fetch and insert/update/delete DML processes for additional forms regions must be created manually using PL/SQL.

Is that now clear?

• 4. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
                GhanaApexDeveloper

Hi Young, this error only happens depending on the DML operation that is being performed on the two forms has values fetched or not.

Scenario

Table A has  set of 10 rows with PK IDA  and  Table B has set of 10 rows with PK IDB , but then if we updating rows of each table with each of these keys  then of course there has to be a match up but if there is no match  of  Table B having a key linked to it from the page it coming from then a ' No Data found ' will occur.

Suggestion

Do a simple test of each table  PK having a row match for update  in the other page containing  the 2 forms

• 5. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
                  Yong Huang

oh, I misunderstood what you mean, it's crystal clear, thanks so much

• 6. Re: Automated Row Fetch failed when two forms in one page
                    Yong Huang

HI Ghana,

Thanks for your explanation.

But I wonder I have pass the PK IDB of table2 to this page, why you said no match up the linked key?