3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 1:26 PM by TexasApexDeveloper

Apex 3.2 Export Several Reports

Gus C

Apex 3.2 - So no plugins can be used.

I have a page with 12 standard reports.

Is there anyway, I can create a process that on a button click, all the reports will be exported to excel, with a different worksheet for each report.

If this cannot be achieved, are there any other possibilities

Gus

• 1. Re: Apex 3.2 Export Several Reports
          fac586

Gus C wrote:

Apex 3.2 - So no plugins can be used.

I have a page with 12 standard reports.

Is there anyway, I can create a process that on a button click, all the reports will be exported to excel, with a different worksheet for each report.

If this cannot be achieved, are there any other possibilities

There's no APEX-only built-in or simple way to do this. Should be possible using BI Publisher integration if that's available to you (I have no experience with that).

Doing it from scratch would involve a process that read the SQL for each report from the APEX views, executing it, and generating a spreadsheet containing the worksheets in a LOB using something like Tom Kyte's OWA_SYLK or XML (depending on target Excel version and requiring a working knowledge of Excel formats), then downloading the LOB. Decidedly non-trivial.

Plug-ins might not be possible in 3.2, but most of the heavy lifting in this would be done by PL/SQL or Java database packages, so you should probably be searching for them...

• 2. Re: Apex 3.2 Export Several Reports
            Gus C

Thanks again for your advice

Gus

• 3. Re: Apex 3.2 Export Several Reports
              TexasApexDeveloper

Gus,

Using this package :  and  Create an Excel-file with PL/SQL

and with what Fac suggested (going to the APEX Metadata view for standard reports) you could create a procedure to loop through the 12 reports on the page and write out one workbook with 12 worksheets or 12 unique workbooks...

Thank you,

Tony Miller
              LuvMuffin Software
              Ruckersville, VA