1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2014 9:10 AM by raykdogs RSS

An error occurred while creating an application

raykdogs

Using EPM 11.1.2.3.

I'm attempting to create an classic application.

I created the Database User with all of the grants.

I created a Datasource in EPM.

When I attempt to create the application, it returns "An error occurred while creating the application."

I have searched through all of the log directories and cannot find a single log file that captures the reason for the failure.

The last time this happened, someone mentioned that I should check and make sure all services were running.  I am not quite sure where to look for that on a Linux machine.

I am not sure where else to look, or what else to do.

Any suggestions would be helpful, as I am fairly new to EPM.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
          _RahulS_

Have you checked Planning sysout and syserror logs on planning server at:

MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_project/epmsystem<n>/diagnostics/logs/services

Logs will be at a different location if you have Planning on linux box.

Cheers..!!

Rahul S.

• 2. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
            raykdogs

Rahul,

Thanks for the info.  When you say I should check the log on the application server, I am not sure which server that is.  I have my Essbase server and my database server.  The log files I found are on the Essbase server, however, there is no "services" folder under logs.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
              _RahulS_

Check the server where Hyperion Planning is installed.

• 4. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                raykdogs

Sorry for the confusion.  Hyperion Planning is installed on the same server as Essbase.

Here are the folders I have under ../diagnostics/logs:

config

FoundationServices (empty)

registry

rmi

upgrades

workspace

essbase

planning

ReportingAnalysis

starter

validation

• 5. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                  Sh!va

Check for log Planning*.log (* is numeric value, you can see exact value under weblogic if you tried to configure planning multiple times).

Location:MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_project/domain/Domain_name/Servers/Planning*/logs/

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 6. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                    raykdogs

I do not have a file with "plan" in it. I checked which files are being updated when the application creation fails. The only log file with any useful information in it is FRLogging.log (which I understand to be for Financial Reporting only).  I am not sure why this file is even being updated.  Here is what I found in that file:

[2014-04-16T06:21:27.264-04:00] [EPMServer0] [ERROR] [HSP-19262] [oracle.EPMHSP.planning] [tid: 38] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KLe3L5_42zupw^t1iW1JJK050000zQ,1:17318] [APP: PLANNING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.planning.HspManageApplication] [SRC_METHOD: createApp] An error occurred creating Application {0}[[ java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create Analytical application. Exiting Application Creation.

at com.hyperion.planning.HspManageApplication.createApp(HspManageApplication.java:285)

at com.hyperion.planning.appdeploy.HspManageAppSession.createApplication (HspManageAppSession.java:321)

at com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp.createApplication(HspPlanningSysAdminDC.java:580)

at com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp.run(HspPlanningSysAdminDC.java:562) ]]

[2014-04-16T06:21:27.278-04:00] [EPMServer0] [ERROR] [HSP-01001] [oracle.EPMHSP.adf] [tid: 38] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KLe3L5_42zupw^t1iW1JJK050000zQ,1:17318] [APP: PLANNING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp] [SRC_METHOD: createApplication] Application not created {0}.[[ java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create Analytical application. Exiting Application Creation.

at com.hyperion.planning.HspManageApplication.createApp(HspManageApplication.java:285)

at com.hyperion.planning.appdeploy.HspManageAppSession.createApplication(HspManageAppSession.java:321)

at com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp.createApplication(HspPlanningSysAdminDC.java:580)

at com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp.run(HspPlanningSysAdminDC.java:562) ]]

[2014-04-16T06:21:27.279-04:00] [EPMServer0] [ERROR] [HSP-01001] [oracle.EPMHSP.adf] [tid: 38] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KLe3L5_42zupw^t1iW1JJK050000zQ,1:17318] [APP: PLANNING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.planning.adf.admin.datacontrol.HspPlanningSysAdminDC$CreatPlnApp] [SRC_METHOD: run] Application not created {0}.[[ java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create Analytical application. Exiting Application Creation.

at com.hyperion.planning.appdeploy.HspManageAppSession.createApplication(HspManageAppSession.java:321)

[2014-04-16T06:21:34.721-04:00] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [00088] [oracle.EPMFR.core] [tid: Thread-134] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KL_kXSW42zupw^t1iW1JJK05000000,0] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.reporting.security.impl.HsSecurityHelper] [SRC_METHOD: authenticateUser] External authentication successful for user: [native://DN=cn=911,ou=People,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com?USER] succeeded in 57 ms.

[2014-04-16T06:21:34.732-04:00] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.EPMFR.core] [tid: Thread-134] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KL_kXSW42zupw^t1iW1JJK05000000,0] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.reporting.hsserver.impl.HsServer] [SRC_METHOD: closeSession] Logging off user [admin][[ Session was created at 2014.04.16 06:21:34 EDT Logging off at 2014.04.16 06:21:34 EDT ]]

[2014-04-16T06:21:34.732-04:00] [EPMServer0] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.EPMJCR.core] [tid: Thread-134] [userId:] [ecid: 0000KL_kXSW42zupw^t1iW1JJK05000000,0] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.reporting.jsr283.foundation.FoundationSession] [SRC_METHOD: logout] PERF: Logout for session id = 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

• 7. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                      Sh!va

Its Really wired, can you check data source for report and Analysis and Planning..you can check those by running configurator or epm-registry.bat (Configurator- means just check schema name and cancel)

Also, can you try to give any other name for planning application?

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 8. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                        raykdogs

Is Configurator an Oracle product?

I cannot find epm-registry on my server.

I'm confused.

• 9. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                          Sh!va

Correct name is epmsys_registry.bat(sh), location /user_projects/epmsystem*/bin.

Check for datasource entry for Planning. you can run configurator from EPMsystemr1/common/config/11.0.0**/configtool.sh , uncheck all, expand planning, select datasource, next.

In check the repository name and cancel, similarly for Report and Analysis. and let us know those details.

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 10. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                            raykdogs

I ran configtool.sh and nothing happened.

I ran epmsys_registry.sh and that produced a very large .html file.

I scanned through that file and I fould something that seems like it would be what you are asking.

[server name]:[service name]:plansys (DATABASE_CONN)

Object ID: ?????????????????

Last Modified Date: 11-FEB-2014

Properties:

Property Name               Property Value

dbProductName               Oracle

planningDatasourceJND jdbc/planning_datasource

SSL_ENABLED               false

dbPassword                   

planningDatasource          planning_datasource

Then is goes on to list more properties and values for the data connection.

Is this what i should be looking for?

• 11. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                              Sh!va

See actually when you are creating a Planning app its updating FRLogging.log file...So to be clear my doubt is your Planning datasource is pointing to Report and Analysis.

You can confirm this thing by checking if you have any table start with HSP_* under Report and analysis. If yes, it is.

In that senario you need to re-configure Planning with correct datasource and re0-deploy planning app, so that there registry get updated.

Thanks,

Sh!va

• 12. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                                raykdogs

Before I create a planning application, I must create a datasource.  Is this the datasource you are referring to?  That datasource simply points to a relational db and an essbase db.  There is no setting for Report and Analysis or anything else.

I have HSP_* tables under each user that owns a planning application.

I am trying to create an application using datasource tempDS.  tempDS is logging in to the relational database with a username of tempUser.  When I look at tempUser in the database, that user already owns a bunch of HSP_* tables (but that app has not been created yet).

Could that be my problem?

There is no user for Report and Analysis, so I am not sure how there could be any tables under Report and Analysis.

• 13. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                                  raykdogs

I tried dropping the user and recreating.  the user started with no tables.  During the application creation process, the HSP_* tables were created.  The application process still failed.

• 14. Re: An error occurred while creating an application
                                    Sh!va

I am referring to Planning schema and Report and Analysis schema on which both of the products have been deployed and configured. Not Planning datasource(DSN) which is used, while creating Planning application.

Cheers!

Sh!va

1 2 Previous Next