1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2014 10:31 AM by fac586 RSS

"Kick" user from application after his password was changed.

Para

Apex version Application Express 4.2.4.00.08

I would like to "kick" current user from application after his password was changed in database.

I have custom auth that takes password from database.

Currently if someone enters my application > after that I change his password > he is still able to go thru application and submit things

What I would like to happen is that after I change his password the current user gets "kicked" from the app to login screen.

• 1. Re: "Kick" user from application after his password was changed.
          fac586

Para wrote:

Apex version Application Express 4.2.4.00.08

I would like to "kick" current user from application after his password was changed in database.

I have custom auth that takes password from database.

Currently if someone enters my application > after that I change his password > he is still able to go thru application and submit things

What I would like to happen is that after I change his password the current user gets "kicked" from the app to login screen.

Capture the user/password hash post-login and store it in an application item. Create an On Load: Before Header application process that runs conditionally if the session user/password hash differs from that currently in the database, calling apex_custom_auth.logout. This will log the user out on the first page render after the password is changed, but will (in most cases) save any changes before doing so.