2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 7:10 AM by bigmac704 RSS

Static File that is PDF needs to be read only

bigmac704

Hello All,

I have a problem.  I am using Apex 4.1 and my target is google chrome for the browser.  I have loaded several pdf's into static file location through shared components in order to retrieve them.  I have to be able to display them so that they can not be saved or printed.  VEIW ONLY.  Is there a way to accomplish this?  I am currently using an HTML region with the source being:

<iframe src="#WORKSPACE_IMAGES#Test1.pdf" height="800" width="960"></iframe>

Thanks in advanced for your time.

• 1. Re: Static File that is PDF needs to be read only
          fac586

bigmac704 wrote:

I have a problem.  I am using Apex 4.1 and my target is google chrome for the browser.  I have loaded several pdf's into static file location through shared components in order to retrieve them.  I have to be able to display them so that they can not be saved or printed.  VEIW ONLY.  Is there a way to accomplish this?  I am currently using an HTML region with the source being:

<iframe src="#WORKSPACE_IMAGES#Test1.pdf" height="800" width="960"></iframe>

Why would you need to do this? Sounds like an XY Problem.

PDF is not a native browser format so what happens when a PDF file is downloaded depends on how the user agent is configured to handle it. This will differ from browser to browser, platform to platform, user to user. Unless there are some internal features of the PDF format that limit saving and printing, and these features are implemented and respected by all PDF software, this sounds like a doomed requirement...

• 2. Re: Static File that is PDF needs to be read only
            bigmac704

I guess my question now is, How do I find out how much memory I have available to me to load pdf files into the static file location?