13 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2014 6:24 AM by Hypfm RSS

Data is not matching for the same entities

Hypfm

Hi,

I am new to this requirement like I have an Entity A which I have divided in to multiple entities like AX,AY,AZ based  on different product's P1,P2,P3..So here my requirement is I should see the same value for every period  if i add all those BU like

A==AX=AY+AZ based on different products.

So Is there any modification I need to do to get the same value.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
          Hyp201207

You mention you are splitting entities because of different products?

Why not utilize a custom dimension for your products and just keep in one entity? When you load, you load to the base level of the custom dimension and it will naturally aggregate.

Entity A, Product Coke, $10

Entity A, Product Pepsi, $15

Entity A, Product Dr. Pepper, $5

Entity A Total Product = $30

• 2. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
            Hypfm

No please refer this it is happening for very entity

I have an issue with the data in HFM loaded from FDQM.

I have created a new entity hierarchy in HFM Shared library which is equal to a single entity "Z" [Z=ZX+ZY+ZZ].So here iam not able to see the same data for Z and the summation of ZX,ZY,ZZ for the MTD and YTD.So my HFM Scenario dime properies are Default Freq is MTD and view is YTD ,Zero view for Adjt/Nonadjst is MTD.So what would be the issue like why the data is not synchronizing and this is happening for every entity with newly created hierarchy.

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
              Thanos A

Hi Srinivas,

Do you use elimination rules for your ICP data? This is the usual reason that Z <> ZX+ZY+ZZ.

Additionally, do you consolidate all your entities 100%?

Regards,

Thanos

• 4. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                Hypfm

Thanks and there are so many rule's and could u tell me what are the possible reason's for getting this difference data then I will validate each and every step to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

• 5. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                  Thanos A

By the way, a good way to start your investigation is to check the value dimension member [Contribution] of each entity. If you see "weird" numbers at that member then you will know where the issue is.

Regards,

Thanos

• 6. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                    Hypfm

Thanks and  I am confusing like why iam able to see same data for few period's and not able to see for other period's like

Jan     Feb    Mar

Entity_A  1000  1500  2000

Alternate Entity_A  1000  1300  2000  like very i am getting like the approximate value for the alternate hierarchy summation  not accurate value.and one more thing once i exported the data through sql query from FDM do I need to perform anything in HFM to reach my requirement and one more thing I am selecting all the parent member's while validating the data between Entity_A &Alternate Entity_A.

Thanks..

• 7. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                      Hypfm

When I used to load the data from FDM Except one year every year data has synchronized.So could any one suggest where would be the issu'e like I need to close the actual's so except that year even 2 period's are same in that year when I retrieved the data through Smartview from HFM.Is there any property I need to check like why I am not able to see the same data for that particular period's in that year.

it's very urgent requirement..

I would appreciate for the solution

Thanks

• 8. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                        Hypfm

Hi Thanos,

Yes I have checked with value dimension for different entities but under dev environment i have values only till [Parent Total] but in Test env i can see data till [Contribution Total] and the data varies for all periods. And the Destination data varies when compared with the source data even after exporting data through FDM,

Is there any thing necessary to checkout.

Will YDAT!=0 makes any changes to the data, what is the purpose of YDAT and how it effects the data can you please explain.

Thanks in Advance.

• 9. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                          Thanos A

Hi there,

Have you consolidate the group after loading data from FDM?

Regards,

Thanos

• 10. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                            Hypfm

I think in dev not but in test we have done consolidation for now we are working only with Test env and even in test env the source data and destination data varies and one more thing Actually The source (People Soft) contains extra metadata members but have no data which are not build in Test Env, will it makes any effect to the target data.

• 11. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                              Thanos A

Hi,

As expected, the reason of not having data on DEV is because you did not consolidate.

On the first question, the usual formula is: Z.<Entity Currency>=ZX.[Contribution]+ZY.[Contribution]+ZZ.[Contribution]. If this is not the case this means that you have custom rules that change the values at parent entities.

Unfortunately, there are multiple reason why the data will not match and everything depends on the customizations of your application.

Kind regards,

Thanos

• 12. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                                Hypfm

Thank You Thanos,

And what about Test env data like it has contribution Total value and and consolidated the data, what may be the reason with Test Env,what may be the reasons for data mismatch with source data. Will the Extra metadata in Source effect to the target env.

And I will check like do we have any custom rules or not and will update.

• 13. Re: Data is not matching for the same entities
                                  Hypfm

And the POV was also different for all entities means.

Z (Diff POV) = ZX (Diff POV) + ZY (Diff POV) + ZZ (Diff POV),  So can the sum data with different POV's be same with different POV (Z).