2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2006 10:24 AM by 457293

Export suggestions/problems

Hi I'm playing around with export on tables and have the following issues:

Selecting "Export->DML" from the context menu gives the following java exception:
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.actions.TableDMLExport
           at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
      lots more to the stack trace

I can provide the rest if it's useful to you.

Additionally:
      1. the "export->sql loader" context menu on table opens the dialog box with "insert" selected instead of "sql loader".
      2. there's no context menu for "export->txt" (personally I'd rather have no list on the menu, and just open the export dialog with the last chosen option - similarly it would be nice if it remembered "to clipboard"...)
      3. "export->sql insert" doesn't provide the column names: I'd like to see:
      "insert into t (a) values (1)" rather than "insert into t values (1)"
      4. "export->sql insert" does not use "to_date" for date columns, seeming to rely on the NLS settings to get it right; this seems potentially dangerous to me, and I'd rather see explicit to_date converstions (or at least have it as an option).

I've not been using it long, so I hope you'll forgive me if I've missed any options that solve the above.

Nice product, I'll let you know if I have any other bugs/comments.

regards,

William Moffatt
        • 1. Re: Export suggestions/problems
          Barry Mcgillin-Oracle
          William,
          provide all of the stack trace and a list of what you did to produce the error would be great. We will check your issues to make sure they have been logged correctly. I know some of them have been logged already.
          Thanks for the feedback. Stuff like this is really useful!
          Barry
          • 2. Re: Export suggestions/problems
            To get the error, just right click on any table in the browser and choose Export and then DML.

This will give the error dialog, "more details" will provide the following stack trace:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.actions.TableDMLExport
                 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.IdeClassLoader.loadClass(IdeClassLoader.java:140)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
                 at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.BasicObjectModifier.launch(BasicObjectModifier.java:142)
                 at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.BasicObjectModifier.handleEvent(BasicObjectModifier.java:210)
                 at oracle.dbtools.raptor.dialogs.actions.XMLBasedObjectAction$DefaultController.handleEvent(XMLBasedObjectAction.java:265)
                 at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.performAction(IdeAction.java:530)
                 at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$1.run(IdeAction.java:785)
                 at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformedImpl(IdeAction.java:804)
                 at oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction.actionPerformed(IdeAction.java:499)
                 at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
                 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
                 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
                 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
                 at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:302)
                 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1000)
                 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1041)
                 at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
                 at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3126)
                 at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253)
                 at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
                 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
                 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
                 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
                 at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
                 at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
                 at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1774)
                 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
                 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
                 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Additionally, every time I start up raptor I'm being asked about file associations; I've had a look, and it doesn't look like any of my files are read only, so I don't know why it's not remembering my selection.

regards,

William