3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2014 11:50 AM by Hypfm RSS

Data difference b/w entity and alternate entity

Hypfm

Hi,

We have some data difference b/w the existing entity "X" and the alternate hierarchy created for X.So we loaded the actual's and getting the difference b/w these two entities for every year.So could you let me know what would be the issue.

EPM 11.1.2.2 and loading data from FDM in to HFM through a sql script.

Please give me suggestion's it is very urgent

• 1. Re: Data difference b/w entity and alternate entity
          Thanos A

Hi Srinivas,

There are multiple reasons that an alternate hierarchy can have different results from the primary one. It can be the ownership %, the default currency of each hierarchy, a missing common entity between the two hierarchies or even a rule that is triggered only for the primary hierarchy. It is not possible to get this answer for such a generic question from a forum, so I would suggest to discuss your issues with a HFM consultant.

Maybe someone else in the forum can understand more...

Kind regards,

Thanos

• 2. Re: Data difference b/w entity and alternate entity
            Hypfm

Thanks for your suggestions so please let me know any wrong I did

The things what I did so far

1.Selected one period  in fdm POV and selected target HFM app

2.imported the data file through sql query[Do I need to check this script anything related to this script for data variance] and ran successfully, Imported and validated and exported successfully

3.Now In HFM when I select Jan 14 I can able to see the data for Original Entity and Alternate Entity with difference.

What are the things I should perform in HFM  to get same data after exported the data from FDM and If I select Entity currency Under Value dimension  I can see the data but when I select Parent the data is Invalid for that Alternate hierarchy.Could you tell me what is the exact process I need to do IF I got this requirement

• 3. Re: Data difference b/w entity and alternate entity
              Hypfm

When I used to load the data from FDM Except one year every year data has synchronized.So could any one suggest where would be the issu'e like I need to close the actual's so except that year even 2 period's are same in that year when I retrieved the data through Smartview from HFM.Is there any property I need to check like why I am not able to see the same data for that particular period's in that year.

it's very urgent requirement..

I would appreciate for the solution

Thanks