8 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2014 7:36 PM by Sanjay-Pandey-Oracle RSS

Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired

user8860348

Folks,

Hello.

In October, 2013, I downloaded PeopleTools 8.53 from Oracle edelivery. I installed PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture with Oracle Database 11gR1 and OS Oracle Linux 5 successfully. The entire system has run correctly for about 6 months.

User PSADMIN password expired on April 17, 2014 and Application Server cannot boot again with error "Invalid access ID or password for Database signon."

I have solve password expired issue following tutorial http://gasparotto.blogspot.com/2010/03/psovm-sysadms-password-policy.html step by step.

After I solved password expired issue, Data Mover Bootstrap mode cannot login any more. Application Server cannot boot any more. Both comes up the same error message "Invalid access ID or password for Database signon".

I have checked the 4 tables for login process: PSDBOWNER, PSOPRDEFN, PSSTATUS and PSACCESSPRFL. Its mapping process is correct as below:

SYMBOLICID for PSADMIN in table PSOPRDEFN is mapping SYMBOLICID in table PSACCESSPRFL. ACCESSID in table PSACCESSPRFL is mapping OWNERID in table PSSTATUS. Finally, OWNERID in table PSSTATUS is mapping OWNERID in table PSDBOWNER.

I don't see any technical error for user PSADMIN to login into Database. Data Mover Bootstrap mode cannot login either.

Thus, my question are:

Is there a trial period 6 months for PeopleTools 8.53 or License Agreement after password expired within 6 months ?

If yes, how to deal with it ?

If no, why Data mover Bootstrap cannot login and Application cannot boot ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
          Nicolas.Gasparotto

Did you pay attention enough to the case of the password (lower/cap) according to the case sensitive 11g parameter  ?

Nicolas.

• 2. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
            user8860348

Nicolas,

Hello. I am very grateful to your coming back to me because I am urgent to solve this issue !

Let me tell you all of my IDs and passwords as below:

My OS Oracle Linux 5 login ID is MYNAME.

My Oracle Database 11gR1 owner ID is MYNAME.

My Data Mover Bootstrap Mode login ID is MYNAME.

All of them have the same ID MYNAME and the same password MYPWD. Both have been working correctly for about 6 months.

The entire PeopleTools 8.53 Internet Architecture has been working correctly since October, 2013. After I solved password expied issue following your tutorial, the Application Server cannot boot and Data Mover Boostrap mode cannot login. Both get the same error message: "Invalid access ID and password for Database signon."

I don't change anything on MYPWD when I run 5 commands at SQL> following your tutorial.

Generally, Data Mover Boostrap mode can login using MYNAME and MYPWD any time.

At this time, it cannot login and I cannot do anything.

My question is:

If it's not trial period 6 months, how to solve "Invalid access ID and password" issue ?

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
              Honza

Are you able to connect to the database directly? Using both the Access ID (typically SYSADM) and Connect ID (typically people)?

If the accounts are locked, you might need to change the command to change a password for a user (on the DB level):

alter user SYSADM identified by PASSWORD account unlock;

alter user people identified by PASSWORD account unlock; (the default password for people is peop1e with a 1 instead of lower case L)

• 4. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
                user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying. I am sorry to reply to you lately.

Yes. I can connect to Database Instance PT853 at SQL> in my Linux Database Server Machine. All SQL statements run successfully at SQL>.

I have run 3 statements at SQL> as you indicated as below:

SQL>alter user MYNAME identified by PASSWORD account unlock;

user altered.

SQL>alter user PEOPLE identified by PASSWORD account unlock;

user altered.

SQL>alter user PS  identified by PASSWORD account unlock;

user altered.

SQL>shutdown immediate;

SQL>startup

SQL>exit

Then I boot Application Sever Domain PT853 and get the same error message as before:

"Invalide Access ID and passwrod for Database Signon."

I followed Nicolas' tutorial and run 5 commands at SQL> to solved password expired issue but get "Invalid Access ID and password for Database signon" error. I don't find any technical error.

My question is:

Can any folk help to solve "Invalid Access ID and password for Database signon" error after I solved password expired issue ?

Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
                  Honza

Did you use a different password than the original?

• 6. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
                    user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

No ! I do not use a different password. I don't change anything on MYPWD when I run 5 commands at SQL> according to Nicolas' tutorial.

I have checked the 4-table login process. Both ACCESSID and ACCESSPSWD are encrypted. Its mapping process is correct.

In Data Mover, I cannot login into Bootstrap mode either and get the same error message:

"Invalid Access ID or password for signon - see your Security Administrator."

My question is:

Does Nicolas' tutorial (5 commands) work correctly ?  How to solve the above issue ?

Thanks in advance.

• 7. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
                      Honza

You mentioned you can connect to the instance on your DB server, can you also connect with sqlplus from your workstation?

You can also set a trace file in Configuration Manager and see what's happening when you try to connect with either Data Mover or Application Designer.

• 8. Re: Is there License Agreement after PT8.53 Password Expired
                        Sanjay-Pandey-Oracle

Hi,

You can review following documents as a reference regarding your password issue

A) E-SEC: How To Change The Access ID (Symbolic ID), SYSADM Password? (Doc ID 609603.1)

B)  E-SEC: 2-Tier Logon Error "Invalid ID and Password for Signon" (Doc ID 611500.1)

C) E-SEC/AS: How to Create a User Who Can Start the Application Server or Process Scheduler (Doc ID 616098.1)

D) E-SEC: Can Password Controls Be User Specific? (Doc ID 611621.1)

Regards,

Sanjay Pandey