5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2014 7:16 AM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

Tuxedo clients

Kostas T.

Hello, i am trying to build clients for tuxedo in multiple Operating Systems. So for Linux + Windows i can use Workstation Clients or Jolt clients to do my job

and call remotely tuxedo services. My question is if i can to do something similar to mobile OS like Android or iOS. Is there any way to create

tuxedo clients on mobile OS without the use of a web browser??

Thank you very much

Kostas

• 1. Re: Tuxedo clients
          Mats Ulvedal

Hi Kostas,

I must here direct admit that I'm not any expert in Android.

But I think Tuxedo SALT can be a solution.

If you not already looked at that ofcourse.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35855_01/salt/docs12c/index.html

Best Regards

• 2. Re: Tuxedo clients
            Kostas T.

Hi Mats,

I have already seen the SALT. The problem is that i don't want to use SOAP in my application.

I want to create my own clients not based on any kind of browser and only communicating to the tuxedo server

directly and not in an intermediate Web Server like Web Logic.

So far, based on what i see this can only be done using CORBA. Of course there is a downside of

extending the Android SDK and possibly also the MAC OS and iOS as well.

That is my thoughts for now. Any correction, suggestion will be extremely helpful.

Best regards,

Kostas

• 3. Re: Tuxedo clients
              Todd Little-Oracle

Hi Kostas,

Using SALT doesn't require the use of a browser.  You can create SOAP requests in Android and directly call the Tuxedo service through SALT.  No intermediate Web Server is required as SALT directly supports SOAP/HTTP(S).  It might also be possible to use Jolt, although I don't know the level of Java support in Android to be able to tell you whether this would work or not.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 4. Re: Tuxedo clients
                Kostas T.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the clarification. I initially believed that SALT and Tuxedo work only through an intermediate Web Server and did not spend any time on SALT.

But since not, it may be useful to my application. So far i am developing clients on CORBA

using several CORBA implementations via the Name Service. On regular desktop/laptop Operating systems

i don't have issues, my headaches begin on the mobile OSs (iOS and Android) so far

Best Regards,

Kostas

• 5. Re: Tuxedo clients
                  Todd Little-Oracle

Hi Kostas,

If you are doing mobile client development, you might want to look at our REST support in SALT 12.1.3.  We can now map HTTP operations to Tuxedo services and process payloads using either XML or JSON,  So you can directly access Tuxedo services using simple HTTP requests, which most mobile application platforms should support.

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect