3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 12:13 AM by user8860348

How to have psadmin.exe BBL support AppServer & Scheduler Concurrently ?

user8860348

Folk,

Hello. I have been running HCM and Campus Solution 9.0 with PeopleTools 8.53 and Oracle
      Database 11gR1 and Oracle Linux 5.

Application Server boots 8 processes successfully and exec BBL successfully.  But Process Scheduler boots the error as below:

CMDTUX_CAT: 822: Error: No BBL available. Cannot boot.

tmboot: WARN: No BBL available on site mylinux.mydomain.

Will not attemp to boot Server processes on that site.

Oracle Linux 5  mylinux.mydomain does have  BBL available for Application Server to boot 8 processes successfully. I have done a experiment as below:

Step 1: Turn on Pub/Sub Server in Application Server Configuration.

Step 2: Boot Application Server again and see:  CMDTUX_CAT: 764: Error: Can't attach to BB.

Step 3: Turn off Pub/Sub Server again and boot Application Server 8 processes successfully.

From the experiment above, I have known that if turn off Pub/Sub Server, it can connect with BB.        If turn on Pub/Sub Server, it can't attach to BB.

In Process Scheduler Configuration, there is no Pub/Sub Server. I don't see anything to handle connection with BB.

My question is:

Can any folk help to solve " boot Process Scheduler can't attach to BB " issue ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to have psadmin.exe BBL support AppServer & Scheduler Concurrently ?
          user8860348

Folks,

Hello.

I deleted Process Scheduler domain and recreate it again with the same configuration values.

I boot Process Scheduler with 7 processes successfully !

Process Scheduler domain HRCS90 can attach to BB and exec BBL process successfully.

Then I boot Application Server domain HRCS90 and get the same error message as below:

CMDTUX_CAT: 822:ERROR: No BBL available. Cannot boot.
          tmboot: WARN: No BBL available on site mylinux.mydomain.

Will not attampt to boot Server process on that site.

tmshutdown:CMDTUX_CAT:764:ERROR: Can't attach to BB.

The above error message is the same with boot Process Scheduler. If shutdown Process Scheduler, I can boot Application Server with 8 processes successfully.

Now, my question is:

How to have psadmin.exe BBL support Application Server and Process Scheduler concurrently ?

Thanks in advance.

• 2. Re: How to have psadmin.exe BBL support AppServer & Scheduler Concurrently ?
            kumar15

Hi,

Can you please paste the error here in the SCHDLR_DDMM.log file created while booting the Process Scheduler. the location for log file is "PS_HOME/appserv/prcs/Domain_name/LOGS.

That will give a better picture of the cause.

thanks

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to have psadmin.exe BBL support AppServer & Scheduler Concurrently ?
              user8860348

Folks,

Hello. Thanks a lot for replying.

My PS_HOME is /opt/PT8.53 and Domain_Name is HRCS90.

In the directory /opt/PT8.53/appserv/prcs, there is no subdirectory ./HRCS90/LOGS.

There are only 4 files in the folder prcs as below:

psprcsrv.ubx

pspcsunirx.val

psstat.in

unix.cfx

I have search the file SCHDLR_DDMM.log and no this file.

Now, Both Application Server and Process Scheduler cannot boot and get the same error message: can't attach to BB.

I don't change anything in their configuration. I purge cache and clean IPC, but still get the same error: can't attach to BB.

I think "can't attach to BB" is Tuxedo psadmin.exe utility issue regarding connection.

My questions are:

First, do I miss something because there is no subdirectory ./HRCS90/LOGS and no SCHLD_DDMM.log file ?

Second, how to have "psadmin" utility support Application Server and Process Scheduler to attach to BB concurrently ? 

Thanks in advance.