2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 8:41 AM by fac586 RSS

Where to place favicon link in order not to have to put it at every page?

Dionyssis

Hello,

i have managed to put favicon link in my APEX application by adding the following line:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="#APP_IMAGES#favicon.ico" />

to HTML Header | HTML Header at every page.

But this work is laborious, because i have to do it at every page, old and new ones created. I am using the template Two Level tabs with No sidebar.

Is there a way to put it somewhere, perhaps in the template or anywhere else. The favicon does not change across the whole application.

TIA,

Dionisis

• 1. Re: Where to place favicon link in order not to have to put it at every page?
          Dionyssis

I finally found it.

I modified the template and put it under the HEAD tag and it worked!

Before:

#HEAD#

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0,user-scalable=0" />

</head>

After:

#HEAD#

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0,user-scalable=0" />

</head>

• 2. Re: Where to place favicon link in order not to have to put it at every page?
            fac586

Dionyssis wrote:

i have managed to put favicon link in my APEX application by adding the following line:

to HTML Header | HTML Header at every page.

But this work is laborious, because i have to do it at every page, old and new ones created. I am using the template Two Level tabs with No sidebar.

Is there a way to put it somewhere, perhaps in the template or anywhere else. The favicon does not change across the whole application.

In the head element of the required page templates. If you only have one application/you want the same icon for all your apps, and you have access to the root folder for your site, you can simply locate the favicon.ico file in the root folder without adding the shortcut icon link to the page templates.