"Reposting into .NET forums, I had placed the original thread under general discussions"
After spending several days hunting down solutions, and through mostly trial and error, I wanted to share with everyone the steps I used to force an Oracle 9i .NET client to work on a 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 IIS7.5 server.
Symbolic Links are the key to the install and run of those pesky 32 bit applications on a 64 bit box use the command line:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files x86" "C:\Program Files (x86)"
Make a shortcut to the new symbolic link onto your desktop OR replace the 32 bit applications shortcut with the one that uses the symbolic link.
For the Oracle 9i client install you will likely have to drill down into the oracle 9i client set up file, right click on this and check the "run this program as administrator" button as well as dial down the compatibility mode to WinXP service pack 3 (for a Win7 install). I had to select Win server 2003 service pack 1 in order to get the install file to run without complaint on the 2008 r2 server.
The install of the Oracle 9i client also needs to be set up in a manner so the JAVA lib files for 1.1.8 are not installed in "program files (x86)" but just in "program files" so you have to manually edit the install line and remove the (x86) from it which will enable the built in Oracle JAVA based net manager to install into C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8 giving it the ability to run properly..
The oracle home IE: "C:\oracle\OracleHomeName" should remain the same that you are used to seeing. Now you can dial up the connection using net manager OR just drop the tnsnames and sqlnet file over into the network\ADMIN oracle home directory and the net manager can now talk to the server. (Dont forget you may still need to check the permissions on these files so they can be accessed properly)
Once you do the above, you can open whatever 32 bit software installed by using the symbolic link to drill down into its install directory, replace the "normal" shortcut on your desktop with the one that points through the symbolic link and double click it...
I ended up placing a shortcut to my visual studios executable VIA the sym link and then added the Oracle.DataAccess.dll into the solution by adding a ref and browsing to the "C:\oracle\OracleHomeName\bin" location and getting it from there. Once this was added to the solution I now have access the Oracle.DataAccess.Client and can call to the database and retrieve the information back from the stored procedure properly.
Hope this helps people along, I spent a LOT of time spinning my wheels on some really crazy suggestions before putting the puzzle pieces together.