10 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2014 11:34 AM by 909598 RSS

Dashboard is empty

Hi All,

Following a successful installation of OBIA Applications, I noticed that the dashboard is not populated with the preconfigured OBIA.

I have reviewed the following but unable to figure out the issue:

instanceconfig :
      <CatalogPath>C:/OracleBIData/web/catalog/EnterpriseBusinessAnalytics</CatalogPath>

NQSConfig:

Star = OracleBIAnalyticsApps.rpd, DEFAULT;

Dashboard showing:

"This is an empty Dashboard Page. 

Click here to add content"

But  the answer page displays all the chosen analytics.

Regards

• 1. Re: Dashboard is empty
          Srini VEERAVALLI

which dashboard it is?

That might be 'My Dashboard'

• 2. Re: Dashboard is empty

"which dashboard it is?

That might be 'My Dashboard'"

After logon, Answer pager displays the Analytics, Subject Area, but click on Dashboard it shows empty

Regards

• 3. Re: Dashboard is empty
              Srini VEERAVALLI

Left top on the page just below the Oracle Log you see the dashboard name, share it

• 4. Re: Dashboard is empty

"Left top on the page just below the Oracle Log you see the dashboard name, share it "

What I see is just  "My Dashboard"  below the Oracle logo.

On the right hand side of the Logo I see "Interactive Dashboards" and "My Dashboard"

Regards

• 5. Re: Dashboard is empty
                  Srini VEERAVALLI

That is not part of OBIA dashboards.. try to look for OOB dashboards

• 6. Re: Dashboard is empty
                    kumar46

Go to catalog mgr and check the user which you use as login has all the required accesses. As OBIA shows the list of all avl dashboards after installation.

• 7. Re: Dashboard is empty

Hi

"Go to catalog mgr and check the user which you use as login has all the required accesses. As OBIA shows the list of all avl dashboards after installation."

Please can you provide simple step by step process on what you meant as I have tried  and it's still  not working for me.

Regards

• 8. Re: Dashboard is empty

Hi All,

"

Following a successful installation of OBIA Applications, I noticed that the dashboard is not populated with the preconfigured OBIA.

I have reviewed the following but unable to figure out the issue:

instanceconfig :
                        <CatalogPath>C:/OracleBIData/web/catalog/EnterpriseBusinessAnalytics</CatalogPath>

NQSConfig:

Star = OracleBIAnalyticsApps.rpd, DEFAULT;

Dashboard showing:

But  the answer page displays all the chosen analytics."

It seems no one has an answer to this question:

I have reviewed the access to Catalog manager , restarted the service and still the Dashboard is empty.

Hoping to get some response to this issue.

• 9. Re: Dashboard is empty
                          SunilSharma

Dashboard showing:

This is my dashboard which is default when you login depending upon the preferences you have under  "Signed in As username -> my account -> Preferences tab

here you can see the starting page will be My Dashboard, which would be empty by default.

You can access the catalog from the top menu where you have Home, Catalog, Dashboards,New, Open Signed in As

So here click on Catalog menu it will give you the entire list of dashboards which are OOB, If you dont see the Dashboard menu then you dont have access to view it So try to add permissions to your user to view Dashboards.

Hope this helps

• 10. Re: Dashboard is empty

Hi Sunil,

Thanks anyway, but this issue may have more to it than the suggestions: I am using OBIEE 10g to start with.

Afetr logon, Go to settings>My Account>Preferences:
                            You will see " Default Dashboard dropdown menu.
                            This menu has only two options: Default aind My Dashboard. My Dashboard was already selected.
                            Nothing gets accepted when you make any change and click on "Finished". You have tow options.
                            Finished and Cancel. So even when I change the option to default, it doesn't get saved.

Below this Page you see:
                            System Delivery Profile not available:
                              Error finding SA System subject area. See the Oracle BI Presentation Server log for details.

Again, to get to the Catalog page, on the first page after logon on the right hand side, you have answers, click on it then you see Catalog and Dashboards menu on the left below Oracle logo. Then you see manage catalog below Dashboards menu. Click on manage catalog you see my folders. Below it you see users:Administrator,

Below "users:Administrator," you see briefingbook,delivers,filters,ibots,portal,prefs,selections and subscriptions. On the right of these items you have yellow icon as permission. Click on it you see users and groups with explicit permission:

Administrator/Auth Users/Evryone/Presentation Sever Admin.

Below Manage Catalog menu you see Dashboards and below it you see My Dashboards. Click on Dashboards you see on the right Catalog Root:Shared.

Anythin else from the above , please confirm where I am missing anythin setting