1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 8:16 AM by tvCa-Oracle

"Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Hi: I am running the following command and got "cannot execute binary file". This is a new Linux box. I am trying to migrate a UX 12.1.3 to Linux. I copied .../appsutil/jdk from UX to Linux and have 775 on it. What does that mean? Please tell me how to fix it? Thank you. $perl adclonectx.pl migrate java=/ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk pairsfile=pairfile1 contexfile=/ap00/immtex/inst/apps/immtex_immtedevlx01/appl/admin/immtex_immtedevlx01.xml /ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin/java -Xmx600M -classpath /ap00/immtex/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jlib/ojdbc14.jar:/ap00/immtex/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/ap00/immtex/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jlib/java oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext  -e /ap00/immtex/inst/apps/immtex_immtedevlx01/appl/admin/immtex_immtedevlx01.xml -pairsfile pairfile1 -migrate /ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin/java: /ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

• 1. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
          yoonas

Hi,

You will have to install java on the platform you are migrating to, UX binaries may not work here. The MOS note 438086.1 says to install JDK

Regards

Yoonas

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Thank you so much, Yoonas

How to install?

• 4. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Please help me here. I need to run: $perl adclonectx.pl migrate java=/ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk,...... I have to give java location. Since Linux didnot have it so I copied it from the UX (this is wrong as you said). Now do I install from the link you provided first on my PC and then copy it to: Linux: /ap00/immtex/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil  ?? To run this perl script I also need s_jdktop=  s_jretop= When I download a java, I will get both information? Thanks.

• 5. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                yoonas

Hi,

Now do I install from the link you provided first on my PC

Download Linux version of JDK and install on your Linux box where you are migrating your application to .

After installation you can give this as your java home

Regards

Yoonas

• 6. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Yoonas:

Thank you very much. Be patient with me because I have ever installed a JDK before. So I down load a Linux version to my PC and then copy it to the Linux box, for example to .../appsutil/JDK, and then install it? When I clicked download, it asked me Run or Save, so I click on Save (that means save it to my PC). Then copy it to Linux. How to install it once its transfered to Linux?

The source is 1.6.0.12. But I cant not find the same for Linux. What I should do? Do you see it?

• 7. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                    yoonas

Hi,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html

You have all updates of java here, scroll down and see

for example jdk 1.6.0.12 can be found on above link like jdk-6u12-linux-i586.bin (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u12-oth-JPR)

Download on to your pc (then copy to server of course) or on the server directly and install. You can refer the link i posted in previous thread for installation instructions

copy the jdk***.bin file to the location where you want java home . once you run it will create java jdk1.***** directory in the current location)

Installing java with binary is as simple as this

./jdk-6u12-linux-i586.bin

(make sure the file has executable privilege)

Regards

Yoonas

• 8. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Thank you so much.

We have Linux v5, 64 bit. Which one to pick?

• 9. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                        yoonas

32 Bit.

These docs might be helpful as well

How To Determine The Version Of JDK (Java) On A R12 E-Business Suite Installation (Doc ID 452069.1)

Using Latest Update of JDK 5.0 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 384249.1)

• 10. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                          tvCa-Oracle

Note that Java doesn't need to be installed, it can also be copied (the full JDK or JRE file structure that is, depending on requirement). You can install it in a "system" directory like /etc, owned as root, but you can also copy it as APPLMGR or ORACLE somewhere into your Apps/RDBMS structure. My advice would be to store it in your Apps/RDBMS structure, since then it is automatically inside your Oracle Apps backup, and your environment is more complete. Root ownership is nice, but there's few gains from using a root owned Java, and quite some negative points.

• 11. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                            tvCa-Oracle

Apps uses more than 1 Java, that's an understatement .. See the referenced docs above. It's nice if you can version match these Java's, but know they are used and setup differently. The bit-version is indicated clearly each time. Also the type (JDK versus JRE).

• 12. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12

Thank you both.

I was asked from the migration doc 741818.1 to run adautocfg on the target RDBMS. The appsutil.zip generated from the source doesnot have the script folder so I zipped the appsutil directory under $ORACLE_HOME on the source and then copied it to the target. I was able to run adautocfg without errors. But now when I do $java -version got java: java: cannot execute [Exec format error].

This is the same problem as in the APPS, right? Because when I copied the appsutil, the java is also copied. Should I also have to replace this java (JDK dir) once I download a new JDK?

The below are from our environment:

On the RDBMS, uses jre under appsutil while in the APPS, uses jdk under appsutil. So I just copy from the new installation to what it requires?

RDBMS:

$ which java

.../db/tech_st/11.2.0.3/appsutil/jre/bin/java

$ java -version java

version "1.6.0.12"

APPS:

$ which java

.../apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin/java

$ java -version

java version "1.6.0.12"

Thank you.

• 13. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                                yoonas

The given note actually asks to implement and run autoconfig referring to 387859.1 section 3.2, For database tier you will need to install/copy required version of jre

For application tier from note 438086.1 once you complete install jdk step and following steps you will use admkappsutil.pl to create appsutil.zip to copy to database tier

• 14. Re: "Cannot execute binary file" in R12
                                  tvCa-Oracle

"I was asked from the migration doc 741818.1 to run adautocfg on the target RDBMS. The appsutil.zip generated from the source doesnot have the script folder so I zipped the appsutil directory under $ORACLE_HOME on the source and then copied it to the target. I was able to run adautocfg without errors. But now when I do $java -version got java: java: cannot execute [Exec format error]."

You're not supposed to create the appsutil.zip yourself ... that's experimental what you are doing there. The point is that there is not 1 Java on the middle-ware environment.

Yes you can do a "which java" after using the normal environment setting script, but the eBS middle-ware uses Java left, right and center to run Java.

Some is version 4, version 5, version 6, maybe 7, some is 32-bit, some is 64-bit, some is JDK, some is JRE

To get a GOOD overview of this, run through the JDK 7 upgrade document for R12; You do not necessarily do that upgrade, just look at WHAT Java's are used where.

Obviously, if you can't run a java executable on any server, cause it replies what it does, that particular Java is for another OS or another bit version.

The primary goal of appsutil.zip is not to copy Java executable

1 2 Previous Next