2 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2014 11:12 AM by eJohn-Oracle RSS

Any known issues with HCM 9.2.006 PUM image?

Balaji Puttaganti-Oracle

I am facing issue with the HCM 9.2 Demo image. It tries to create the virtual disks. When its creating the 4th disk, it hangs after creating about 10GB.

Is there any workaround for this issue or re-downloading will help? I have downloaded it a week back.

Regards,

Balaji P.

• 1. Re: Any known issues with HCM 9.2.006 PUM image?
          Sundaram_K

Hi

There is a delivered bug with 06

18546213 - OVM: PROBLEM WITH SWAP LABELS FOR LATEST OVA IMAGES hit HCM 9.2.006

• 2. Re: Any known issues with HCM 9.2.006 PUM image?
            eJohn-Oracle

Your title has a question that I'll answer below.  (Then you describe an issue that I'm not sure is impacted by either of these issues.)

• One is unique to OVM and occurs when there are more than 4 disks.  The default mode is PVM and that only supports 4 disks.  So it is necessary to edit the VM to use PVM drivers AND SAVE, since PVM will support more than 4 disks.  (I believe this was documented in the installation notes.) Note:  if you simply view the configuration ***but do not save it with the PVM selected***, you loose the 5th disk.  Recover by re-importing the template.
            • The second issue is related to the swap volume.  There was a bug where the swap was attempted to be mounted by label and the label was incorrect, hence no swap.  That is fixed in bug 18546213.  The fix is to mount SWAP-VM as the swap volume in /etc/fstab.