6 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2014 9:37 AM by 2662333 RSS

R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event

Hi,

I'm trying to setup SR creation from counter event in R12.2

I used the below navigation to create a counter event

Service Contracts Manager-> Contract Events -> Define Condition
      Template

After choosing action as Counter Group Updated, In counters tab below chose the Item/Product as Service.

I have created the counter group and template and have attached one service item to the counter as well in Install base.

Now while defining the condition I want to provide that whenever my counter reading reaches 3 days, I need to have service request created. (i.e, every 3 days I should have one SR created)

Please can somebody help me as how to frame this condition at the application.

Regards,

Shyam

• 1. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event
          Mayur Chandak

Hi Shyam,

What is the Actual Business requirement?

If SR has to be created for some mainternance Activity, you can use the Preventive Maintenance form for entering the SR Creation Schedules. You may find the exact steps in OKS User guide.

N: Service Contract Manager Responsibilty --> Lines tab --> Service line --> Effectivity Tab --> Click On details button

1. Give the Preventive maintenance activity name and click on Schedule button

2. Now the PM form will have Program Schedule and Activitiy Schedule tabs

3. You may give the period and click on Schedule button to create the schedules

4. save the Details and active the contract

Please let me know if above information is helpful.

Thanks,

Mayur.

• 2. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event

Thanks Mayur,

Please can you help me with navigation to preventive maintenance form. Also,if there is any documentation around this then it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Shyam

• 3. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event
              User465916-OC

Hello Shyam,

what Navigation are you looking for?

Mayur has already given that.

N: Service Contract Manager Responsibilty --> Lines tab --> Service line --> Effectivity Tab --> Click On details button

1. Give the Preventive maintenance activity name and click on Schedule button

2. Now the PM form will have Program Schedule and Activitiy Schedule tabs

3. You may give the period and click on Schedule button to create the schedules

4. save the Details and active the contract

After this run "Build Unit Effectivity" and "Preventive Maintenance Generate Service Request and Tasks" which will create SR's as per PM schedule on contracts

• 4. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event

Hi..

Where do I define the Preventive maintenance activity?

Do I need to use cMRO for this or I can do it without cMRO?

Regards,

Shyam

• 5. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event
                  User465916-OC

Yes you need CMRO to define PM Programs and PM Activity create routes, relationships and update effectivity list..

• 6. Re: R12.2 Service Contracts SR Creation from Counter Event

Thanks a lot, I have the same doubt.

My client does not want to use cMRO and want to have the PM activities being created.

Because of same reason I had planned to create the PM activity using the counter based condition template route.

I'm successful now in creating the SR. But somehow the SR is being created without the item information, ideally its should use the covered product as item to create the SR.

And also none of the tasks are being created. I have attached one task template to the SR type but stil no task is being created.

Regards,

Shyam