3 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2014 1:23 AM by NehaGoyal14 RSS

Issue in using SQL Results in dashboard prompt with Descriptor_Id

NehaGoyal14

Hi,

I am trying to build a dashboard prompt on a column with description of an entity which has description id defined in the repository. My dashboard prompt is dependent on previous selected dashboard prompt and thus I need to use SQL results to filter this dashboard prompt results based on the previous selections.

Issue is when I used SQL results in List Box Values, then descriptor id is not resolved, and if I select the Id checkbox then also description text is displayed twice with '-' in between but no id's.

However if I select All column values, then id's are resolved and behave as expected.

But in my requirement I have to use SQL results to constraint the results. I could see there is a fix in the latest version 11.1.1.7 with bug 13848284 - "Double column dashboard prompt -enable SQL results on code SQL"

I am also using the latest version but facing this issue.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neha

• 1. Re: Issue in using SQL Results in dashboard prompt with Descriptor_Id
          NehaGoyal14

Can someone pleas answer to the above query. I am stuck here for last few days

• 2. Re: Issue in using SQL Results in dashboard prompt with Descriptor_Id
            bi007

the way you explained is not clear for me.. Can you kindly explain little brief with some examples

Thanks

Aj

• 3. Re: Issue in using SQL Results in dashboard prompt with Descriptor_Id
              NehaGoyal14

I have dashboard prompts for 'Day From' and 'Day To'. I have another dimension on 'Operator' on which i created another dashboard prompt.

'Operator' dimension has double columns one for id's and one for its description. I have already set double column for the description in repository.

Dashboard Prompts:

Day From: (This is calendar type textbox)

Day To: (This is Calendar type textbox)

Operator: (This is Listbox)

In dimension table of operator i have fields like calendarday from and calendarday to. Operator dimension changes with change in dates.

I want operator listbox to be populated based on the above selected 'day from' and 'day to' . That is why to populate operator list box i use SQL results, where i want to add sql like:

SELECT "TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION", DESCRIPTOR_IDOF("TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION") FROM "LRDPOC1"  where "TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OP_CALENDARDAY_FROM"=@{varCalendarDayFrom} and "TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OP_CALENDARDAY_TO"=@{varCalendarDayTo} FETCH FIRST 65001 ROWS ONLY

When i select checkbox for operatorid, Using the SQL results populate the list box only with OPFULLDESCRIPTION +'-' + OPFULLDESCRIPTION and not with the

"TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION" +'-' +  DESCRIPTOR_IDOF("TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION").

However if i select 'All column values' instead of SQL results, then "TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION"+'-' +  DESCRIPTOR_IDOF("TFILTER_OPERATOR_DAY_V"."OPFULLDESCRIPTION") is displayed in the listbox.

I have a limitation that i have to use SQL results because i want operator listbox to be dependent on above selections.

Thanks!!