7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 10:38 AM by 980137 RSS

VM Server Naming and EPM

GKEPM

Hi,

Am currently using a windows 2008 R2 VM(6 GB) for a personal learning use on EPM components. Hadnt done much server management prior to starting my installation; except for checking the pre-requisites on the EPM Install documentation.

Had installed an Oracle DB on this VM and installed EPM Foundation/Planning/Essbase/Essb services(EAS/APS) on this system.

Had started the configuration(foundation), this had completed without errors on the configurator but the windows service for foundation web app startup did not get created.

Am able to see the managed server for foundation on weblogic console, and this doesnt start either when manually started.

I am sure the server name is an issue in this case, as the FQDN for the server shows as <server_name>.localdomain

Had noticed this in the weblogic console; whereas the server name i had used for the configuration was <server_name> alone without .localdomain

Any help or direction on resolving this would help

This is my second time deleting a VM for the same thing,and I'm looking at domain server setup for the VM etc; which i doubt will change a servers name.

Regards,

GK

• 1. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM
          Vivek Chetiaparath

Do you see any services like Oracle EPM server? If you can gone by the default configuration/deployment options then you would have done a single managed server deployment,and in that case you would see service name like Oracle EPM server and not Foundation.

Thx

Vivek

• 2. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM
            GKEPM

Hi,

The Web Server(OHS) OPMN service was created, but not the service for Foundation Managed server.

Regards,

GK

• 3. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM
              Vivek Chetiaparath

What version of EPM? So you dont see any service starting with Hyperion under windows services panel?

Thx

Vivek

• 4. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM
                Sh!va

Did you cross check if you have select the option "create as window services" while configuring Foundation ?

Also, for domain, you can mention below format if you don't have any domain for VM in hosts file(C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc)

IPAddress servername servername

Its your VM so reboot the server and try to re-deploy Foundation services..

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 5. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM

Hi,

Which version of EPM you are using?

Have you configure web sever after foundation configuration finish?

Have you added the entry of your vm name and IP address in Host file?

Try to reconfigure the foundation services.

After trying all these things please reboot the server checked the services pannel service comes under it or not?

If this will helpful then mark as correct or helpful!!!!

Thanks

RP.

• 6. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM
                    GKEPM

Hi,

Thanks.

I'm using EPM 11.1.2.3.000, sorry hadnt mentioned this earlier.

Had configured Web Server after the Foundation deployment, this had created the windows service for OPMN ; will modify the hosts file and redo this the Foundation.

Regards,

GK

• 7. Re: VM Server Naming and EPM

Hello,

You mean you are able to see ohs service i.e.OPMN right?But not Foundation only!!

Yes, you need to reconfiguration of foundation after modify the host file.Then try to reboot the server and check the service comes under pannel or not.After this configuration of foundation web app you must need to configure the web server.

Thanks

RP