3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 10:08 PM by fac586

Can i use subscriptions with APEX trees and how ?

Dionyssis

Hello,

i would like to have in my APEX application pages that are composed of 2 components. On the left i use a Tree and on the right according to Tree Item Selection i run a different IR.

I have succeeded in presenting both regions side by side on a page. My main issue is that every page has that Tree copy separate and i need in order to make some change on an option,

for example add a new Tree Item that corresponds to an IR to make that copy to all pages and Trees. Is there a way to have those Tree subscribe to some master Tree and utilize publish/subscribe

feature of APEX? Can i do that in case it is not supported for a Tree to the whole region that contains the Tree ?

TIA,

Dionisis

• 1. Re: Can i use subscriptions with APEX trees and how ?
          GhanaApexDeveloper

Hi Dionisis,

for example add a new Tree Item that corresponds to an IR to make that copy to all pages and Trees. Is there a way to have those Tree subscribe to some master Tree and utilize publish/subscribe

feature of APEX? Can i do that in case it is not supported for a Tree to the whole region that contains the Tree ?

Normally Templates subscribe to a Theme not  regions in an apex application. I suggest you create this Tree region in the page zero or global page and call it in the pages that are need

Ex

Tree A matches with  Page(1,2,3,4) with the corresponding Interative report

Tree B matches with  Page(5,6,7,8) with the corresponding Interative report

Thanks

Benjamin

• 2. Re: Can i use subscriptions with APEX trees and how ?
            Dionyssis

Hello Benjamin,

i am not sure how i can call the Tree, maybe you mean hide it in a way ?

I finally managed to "solve" the problem in another way, Maybe not very clever or elegant but it works.

The man problem is the maintenance burden, ie one node (=IR) added or removed, renamed etc. So i created a final / complete version of the Tree in one page.

The source of the Tree, both literals and page names plus the hierarchy reside in a database table. So after that, page by page i used copy region to every target page,

tweaked the target page a bit and that was it. The maintenance is done in the database table once for every page, so it's easily maintainable now.

Best Regards,

Dionisis

• 3. Re: Can i use subscriptions with APEX trees and how ?
              fac586

Global Pages function as master pages for rendering content that is common to more than one page in an application. In APEX 4.2 one global page can be created for each user interface type defined in the application. In previous versions, one global page (Page Zero) could be created per application.

1 person found this helpful