4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 12:48 AM by drick223 RSS

APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG

drick223

Hello,

I'm currently using APEX 4.2

I have a few questions regarding APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG.

1) If an instance administrator login and delete/create a user in a workspace, will we be able to tell which user has been deleted/created in the workspace in the activity log?

2) Do we have a table that contain the descriptions of all the fields in the APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG?

3) When a activity happened in workspace, we only have the VIEW_DATE, the time are presented in some seconds ago. I would like ask is there anyway that I can view the exact time that the activity happened?

e.g: 19-APR-2014 3.30pm

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

drick

• 1. Re: APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG
          fac586

drick223 wrote:

I have a few questions regarding APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG.

1) If an instance administrator login and delete/create a user in a workspace, will we be able to tell which user has been deleted/created in the workspace in the activity log?

Did you try this yourself? I don't have any instance admin access available at present to find out...

2) Do we have a table that contain the descriptions of all the fields in the APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG?

Column-level comments are included for the views. These are visible in the view description in development IDEs like SQL Developer; in the Column Comments hide/show section in the APEX Views utility in the Application Builder; and from the ALL_COL_COMMENTS view in the data dictionary:

select * from all_col_comments where table_name = 'APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG'

3) When a activity happened in workspace, we only have the VIEW_DATE, the time are presented in some seconds ago. I would like ask is there anyway that I can view the exact time that the activity happened?

e.g: 19-APR-2014 3.30pm

VIEW_DATE is a DATE column. The "since" format is a feature of the Activity report presentation. A query on APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG in the APEX Views utility, the SQL Workshop, SQL Developer or SQL*Plus will show the actual date.

• 2. Re: APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG
            drick223

Hi fac586, 

Thank you very much for the help in 2nd and 3rd questions.

As for the 1st question, yes, I tried it myself.

One of my requirements is to monitor the activities of instance administrator and prevent him/her to delete any log file in APEX environment.

I would like to ask can this be done in APEX?

Thanks & regards,

drick

• 3. Re: APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG
              drick223

Hi APEX Team,

Would anybody be able to provide some help for the following questions:

2) Is there any way to monitor the activities of instance administrator and prevent him/her to delete any log file in APEX environment.

3) Possible to prevent a instance administrator to create new user in existing workspace?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

drick

• 4. Re: APEX_WORKSPACE_ACTIVITY_LOG
                drick223

Hi all,

Any update regarding the questions above?

Regards